+ Reply to Thread
    My Wife thinks I am a total dork davidgelb's Avatar

Is there a hack for this....?

Hey all,
    I am going to be purchasing a Spring 6600 and was looking at my friend's phone. He was showing me the phone book and that his only annoyance is that when you search for a name in the phone book, then exit out and come back to the phone book, it is still limited to the search string as opposed to resetting and showing you all the entries.

Is there a hack or a registry value that can be changed that will allow the phone book to reset so that when you come back into it, you see all entries instead of just your previous search?

Thank you in advance for the help!

-David

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    yes, download and install a utility that closes applications when you click on the "x" in the upper right corner... like Spb pocket plus.

This is happening because contacts is only being "minimized" when the "x" is clicked. As such, it is showing you the screen it was displaying before it was minimized. If it is truly closed (removed from memory), then it will reset.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

Thanks for the help. If I use a program that closes the address book, does it take much longer to open the next time?

Thanks!

-David

Probably depends on the number of contacts you have, but I have over 200 and contacts always comes up within 1-2 seconds for me (and I do close it every time).

Dan

You could, before you "exit" out of the application, hit the arrow left button next to the find name field. That clears out the name and resets you to all contacts. (it only shows up once you have text)

Voice Command is the way to go when it comes to contacts. IMHO There are problems but it is too valuable in the car.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Ivan,
    Do you use the Microsoft voice command? It does not work with bluetooth, correct? Any voice progs that do?

Thanks!

-David

Also, are there any apps that put a speaker phone button on the phone screen as opposed to holding the talk button?

Thanks!
    -David

Voice Command does not work with bluetooth. It doesn't matter much though. In the car I can hear the replies, and I don't have to hold the phone up to my mouth to issue a command. It does a pretty good job of recognizing my commands (Except for dialing a numeric number)

For your second question, try phone alarm. Haven't used it in a while but there was talk of adding speakerphone to it as a profile
    http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.htm
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Just an FYI, speakerphone is planned but has not yet been added to Phonealarm.

Dan

Fonix Voice Central (2.0 Build Sept. 18, 03) $39.95 Available Here

fonix works with bluetooth headsets as recognizing voice commands. you can have it both ways in fonix, meaning you can have user independent and/or you can train your contacts or application names.

and for closing programs PocketNav here

njoy
    Last edited by lvlolvlo; 05-13-2005 at 06:06 PM.