+ Reply to Thread

Charging Question (Cradle)

Ok. The phone will charge off the power cable with the adapter. When its in the cradle the power should be plugged into the cradle, the cradle to the pc.

Well I didnt want to do it that way. The cradle is plugged into the computer without the power. yet the phone says its charging.

I'm assuming its drawing power from usb.

The questions are, will it charge as quick than if it had the power cable plugged into the cradle? Is the power cable just going to charge the second battery, or both pda and second battery.

Straighten me out.

The deal is I only have the stuff from the store. So for the mean time I would like to just leave the cradle, powerless, charge the phone off usb, and keep the power cable in my truck.

At least until I invest in a second power cable and battery.

The USB will definitely not charge the phone as fast as the regular charger would (or as fast as if you plugged the charger into the cradle). I'm not sure how the second battery slot works, since I don't have one.

My Bluetooth is built in!
    It will charge slower and it will not charge the second battery.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

Cradle with AC adapter

I keep reading about not being able to charge the second battery in the cradle unless using an AC adapter. I have the XV6600 (with camera) and the cradle that came in the box only has a USB cord coming out. The AC adapter can plug into the bottom slot on the phone. So do i need to buy a different cradle or am I missing something obvious? I tried to search the cradle for any ports to allow me to plug in the adapter but no luck. The usb cord doesn't come out of the cradle. Any help would be great!!! And I have searched the forums for days, so if the answer is already here, please just give me the link and I'd be happy to read up on it.

Thanks!

Re: Cradle with AC adapter

Originally posted by ScubaMD
    I keep reading about not being able to charge the second battery in the cradle unless using an AC adapter. I have the XV6600 (with camera) and the cradle that came in the box only has a USB cord coming out. The AC adapter can plug into the bottom slot on the phone. So do i need to buy a different cradle or am I missing something obvious? I tried to search the cradle for any ports to allow me to plug in the adapter but no luck. The usb cord doesn't come out of the cradle. Any help would be great!!! And I have searched the forums for days, so if the answer is already here, please just give me the link and I'd be happy to read up on it.

Thanks!
    If you're not kidding (and I'm not sure) you just need to pull the flat plug part off the ac adapter and plug the cord into the back of the cradle. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Take the AC adapter (the slot part) off the power supply cable, you're left with a coaxial connection that goes in the back of the cradle.

ID 10 T error

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    DBCAC as well.

E

Angry

Thanks for the replies. Seems I was given the wrong cradle from the Verizon store. So they gave me the right one (with ability to charge with AC adapter).