+ Reply to Thread

xv6600 & 2006 BMW 330i

Just purchased a new 2006 330i w/ i-Drive & Navigation. It comes with bluetooth, so I was hoping my xv6600 would work even though BMW only states that the motorola 710 works with my provider (Verizon).

Pairing the phone with the car went without a hitch. I am able to receive calls no problem. I can use the cars voice commands to dial out as well.

The only issue I have is that the car will not download my phone contacts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have some experience with BMW bluetooth. What is the XV-6600 showing as a pairing device for it and what services are available?

This may require a ROM update to the BMW BT module at some point....

It looks like it is paired for only handsfree communication...

Re: xv6600 & 2006 BMW 330i

Originally posted by THX1138
    Just purchased a new 2006 330i w/ i-Drive & Navigation.

damn! i'm jealous!

Yes, unfortunately that won't cut it for phonebook sync. You should call BMW tech and see if there will be updates to the module.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to borrow a V-710 and see what the profile pairing looks lke, maybe it's something to be hacked

When you mean "contacts won't download" are you saying that if you used a Motorola V-710, you would be able to see your contacts on your dash, for example?

I'm about to sell my 1998 BMW 540i and replace it with a 2004 BMW 545i (if the price is right) and part of the lure is BT working with at least being able to dial out to my contacts. What else are you expecting it to do?

BTW, nice purchase!

PS: This is what I envision!
    http://members.cox.net/mconley2/2005%20545i/Dealer.jpg
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    My 6600 works just fine with my 1994 E31. I get in, the engine goes into power mode, and I don't have to hear or mess with the phone

E

Yeah, not sure if an $800.00 BT add-on is worth the money to just answer the phone!
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

I have found that I can transfer contacts one by one to my Lexus. But this is how to do it.

First, does the BMW have a setting to receive a phone book or contacts? If yes, then read on...

Okay, first change the regional settings to Estonia (start, settings, system, regional settings). Sounds weird, but do it.
    Next, go to the contacts you want to send. Edit them to add the phone number you want under "radio tel". Enter it as 1234567890 with no dashes, parenthesis, or anything. Close the contact.
    Then, have the BMW receive contacts, or phone book, or whatever it says.
    And then, from the contacts screen tap and hold the contact. Up will pop a menu box, and then tap "Send via Bluetooth". Your 6600 will give a pop up box asking what device to use to send, tap your Handsfree device, and it should send it to the car. For each additional contact, click add to phone book rather than overwrite.

When you are finished, change the regional settings back to United States. Why that works, is that using the Estonian profile leaves the numbers unformatted. My Lexus won't take numbers with parenthesis or dashes, just plain numbers.

Now that is how it works on my Lexus. Your BMW may be different.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Bluetooth and E39 BMW 5series?

So has anyone had any luck pairing a PPC 6600 with a E39 5 series? I just bought a newer 2002 (had a 1998 and didn't get the one I quoted above - too much money right now) and would like to know if anyone has had any luck with this and what capabilities you have with the rig.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by dmackdaddy; 06-22-2005 at 03:13 AM.

Originally posted by dmackdaddy
    PS: This is what I envision!
    http://members.cox.net/mconley2/2005%20545i/Dealer.jpg
    I want that 7 series behind it!

I have a 2001 540I with BT installed.
    I have been using it with my 6601 for some time.
    Once paired, and actually i have had it pair when i left my phone in the trunk. it works through the stereo / steering wheel system as designed except for the contacts. I have been able to download the contact list but this only works while pairing. In pairing mode you want to go to your contact list, highlight all your contacts and then send via bt. Only problem is that once completed it doesnt stick very long. I went to the BMW dealer who had a bluetooth phone and we tried his which worked like a charm. All we had to do was pair, then every time he got in the car it would automatically collect the contact list. "as designed".
    I have a feeling but havnt really research it but this may be an issue of versions. the 6601 is still running 1.0 3500. I did upgrade to 3900 but alas this only gave me stereo for my HP bt headphones. I am hoping somebody moves there butt and upgrades the bt to 2.0.

Nice!

Please give us a few examples of what you can do with the BT installed and your steering wheel. I just want to get an idea of the features, so that I can weigh in if it's worth the 600.00 - is it?

Lets say you are driving down a mountain road doing about 70 where the speed limit around the curves are 30. Since I have a 6 speed manual i am in 3rd gear. The windows are down and the sunroof is open, its a really great day. Also the stereo is blasting. You are ready to pass the next car and the stereo music mutes, and the phone rings. You shift into 4th on the straight away quickly accellerate to 100mph and as you pass the car you press the button on the steering wheel and say "hello".
    Since it was the EXWIFE you get bummed and decide to call your lawyer. Again you press the button hold it in and repeat "dial name" since you previously stored the name of your lawyer you can just repeat his/her name and the car automatically dials...

If you ask me there is nothing like it, the car is a dream. I would expect nothing less for the car phone.

Perfect and I can relate to a tee! I was doing 120 in my new 2002 540i6 today and got a call, I had to drop the speed a bit to pick it up! Thanks for the details, I truly appreciate it.

Where did you get the BT kit - any suggestions? Did they install it for you?