Closed Thread

let's try again...

i had an original post asking if video was possible. i was lucky to get one response with a broken link and a locked thread. i'm guessing i'll have the some luck with this one so i'll try to make it short and sweet...

what i found on video...is this correct?

win media player can't do video yet?
    win media player has version 10 out for pda?
    we need win media player 10 for video?
    win media player 10 looks great!?
    we can't get win media player 10 yet?
    heard it would be out in summer...but when?
    any other suggestions?

thank you.

Do a search buddy, there is an unofficial ROM update that will give you Winmedia 10. It is quite nice!

My Bluetooth is built in!
    -there is a unofficial ROM update which adds WMP10. Do this if you feel comfortable.

Windows Media Player 10 Mobile

-use a freeware program like Beta player. I prefer beta player over wmp10.

once you have a program to use just select open file and point it to the video clip on your SD card or in main memory.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

thanks bryan. i'll sift through that and hopefully it will work. i'm guessing the issue of, "if you feel comfortable" will be addressed on that thread as well.

jhagg...i did try a search, but really didn't know what to search for. "video" didn't really yeild anything. and i think ehud was trying to get me the link above but it was broken.

cheers!

enjoy!

Importmonkey, another thing to remember is that when you post a new thread you'll get more people reading it and more responses if the title of the thread let's people know what to expect. The title "let's try again" means absolutely NOTHING.

R

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Well. While we're offering useful advice.
    1. There were 4 separate threads, all started by Import monkey, all saying the same thing. Ask your question ONCE and give time for people to answer.
    2. Your post started with "on 1xrtt so can't search." You know what, if you're on1xrtt so bad you can't search then you can't download anything either, and your question isn't urgent. It can wait until you get to a big-screen PC.
    3. The subject line comment from above is incorporated herein by reference

That's it for criticism but here's some advice:
    Make sure you understand the consequences and read the warnings about the upgrade that gives you WMP10. I happen to think it's safe, but if it turns your phone into a seven hundred dollar brick that your carrier won't take back the only one that will be responsible is you. So be careful

That having been said,
    Welcome!

EHud

Also, your question to me is very vague. What do you mean by "do video"? There are a number of different ways to watch video on the 660x and you do NOT need WMP10 for them, the installed version plays video just fine. If you want DivX you can install BetaPlayer. Any videos you want to watch on the PPC more than likely will need to be converted so they will look correctly (and be small enough) on the ppc screen. Look into Windows Media Encoder 9, it's a free download from Microsoft and makes it pretty easy to convert to video files that will play right on the windows media player that comes default on the 660x, you don't need to load the hacked version 10 to do that.
    Tom

i have started four posts, however i thought all of them were clear and none of them talked about the same thing...correction...the last two talk about the same thing because i didn't get a very good answer on the first one, and it was locked so i couldn't get clearification. i've been a member of other forums before (for a long time) so i know what it's like to get newbies it, but bare with me. we all learn in good time.

as for the video...i want to know if i can save files to my memory card and play them on my pda (not sure if i said it that clearly before). and when you say use betaplayer...that's cool, but what is it? a link would help out greatly. i'll look into that media encoder 9...maybe that's what i need. sounds like the rom update is not worth it for what i need then. (worth the "risk" i mean).

ehud. the issue last night wasn't "urgent" i was just working on something at home and was hoping to get an answer so i could finish it up. didn't know if there was a quick fix for it, or if i had to download something.

race dog...as to your comment, i completely agree...but i was hoping to steer clear of getting this thread locked again before i got an answer.

don't worry, i'm sure i'll be answering these questions to new newbies for you guys in a little while. i've learned to take ehud's attitude with a grain of salt and to be more patient. this is a great site though, and you all are quite helpful! if you have any car questions...let me know!

Not to flame you further but here's your link for betaplayer:

http://www.google.com

Type in "betaplayer" and hit "I'm Feeling Lucky".

Dan

haha...found betaplayer through google too...looks great. trying to figure out which thing to download...either the .smartphone or .exe ... but i'm attempting to do a search on it now.

through deeper and deeper searching...link after link and having ten windows open at once, i finally found what i was looking for. thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction.

cheers!