+ Reply to Thread

Verizon NATIONAL ACCESS - Subtracts from Minutes?

For those of you with Verizon Wireless and have the xv6600, do you use the National Access service (aka Express Network)?

I did a little bit of research on HOFO but couldnt find anything pertaining to the xv6600 and National Access usage since there search function is down.

What i wanted to know is, when using this on my ppc after 9pm or on weekends (i have free nights and weekend mins), do u get charged? Is it the same as if i connected the phone to the laptop and used the NA service and my PPC as a modem?

Also, does verizon automatically add NA to all americas choice rate plans and have them billed towards your mins used and not a monthly rate or charge per KB?

Any additional information is greatly appreciated!! thanks!

EDIT** Does NA/EN use 1xRTT? Wat happens when my phone switches to EVDO and i click the IE? do i get billed sperately for that or will the fone connect to NA/EN (#777) instead?
    Last edited by ephyouckay; 05-17-2005 at 11:53 PM.

AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

thanks!

I already did the search before posting this thread... sorry, i forgot to mention.

I just wanted to confirm the answers to make sure they are still the same and verizon hasnt changed any billing methods for those services.

BTW, does verizon automatically bill your data usage against your mins if you dont have data plan? or is it set to bill you per kb?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Originally posted by ephyouckay
    thanks!

I already did the search before posting this thread......
    "But of course you are" - Sean Connery

BTW, does verizon automatically bill your data usage against your mins if you dont have data plan? or is it set to bill you per kb?
    KB. Expensive.

E

Originally posted by Ehud

KB. Expensive.

E
    ok, Thanks!

i called in VZW, is National Access MOU prohibited on xv6600? anyone have there data billed towards their mins instead of per kb with the xv6600?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    According to previous posts made here on this subject, the program that VZW had which allowed for data to be deducted from their minute 'bucket' was eliminated. Except for genuinely anal-retentive penny-pinchers, I'm not certain why anyone would attempt a circumvent around that when unlimited means 'unlimited'.

Originally posted by ephyouckay
    i called in VZW, is National Access MOU prohibited on xv6600? anyone have there data billed towards their mins instead of per kb with the xv6600?

I tried. I had MOU on my thera, as I put the NEW esn number on my account (being the only change) MOU was automatically dropped and per KB was added. I watched my local service rep add my phone, she didnt touch my data plan.

Its automatic. No way around it.

Verizon knows if one person finds a way to get it, the rest of the country will hop on that bandwagon.

Personally, I think we should get 1x for free and then maybe charge us an arm and a leg for EDVO.

I can't fathom going from free 1x to 45/mo 1x. (evdo not available yet)

Possibly *too* converged! Gare_NY's Avatar
    I kept my National Access plan that I had all the way back on my Thera - $79 a month for 600 minutes of data and voice.

When I first got the 6600, Verizon gave me the old "you've got to have a separate data and voice plan" deal. I went back and forth on them with this, since I had an existing phone, still under contract, with the National Access plan. They finally relented and I still have the same plan on my 6600.

Why do I want this? Well, the cheapest option in my area was unlimited data for $49.99 and 300 minutes of voice for $34.99. In my case, I usually end up using much more voice than data anyway, but some months I use a lot of data. The "minute bucket" approach is just more versatile and better in my situation.

As of today 5-20-05, the rep I spoke to told me that while National Access used to come in tiers ($49 for 300 minutes, $79 for 600, etc), this is no longer available, and that my plan is bascially grandfathered in.

Gare
    'In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer'

They spoke of being grandfathered in, and said that, that was for the older devices, and even if they wanted to they have the option to remove them. That there just leaving it on there in good spirit or whatever.

My plan never changed. IT was left on MOU. The second my phone activated their system removed MOU and put pay per kb .... I was online on my thera, switched, activated new phone, got online, and when my bill came i saw that charge.

Of course I had them remove it, 3 megs in 4 minutes = 52 bucks. BS!

My company should be providing me with unlimited. Gonna bug them again today so I can turn it on.

I do occassional surfing, rare streaming, send/receive emails, and no modem use. I use about 50MB/month. You don't want to pay for that by the minute. 44.99 is the going rate---if you want to be able to do the above, that is what you have to pay.

There was a thread about using the Q2N setting--I don't recall the final outcome--was it able to be done? If so, that bills against minutes. That's an option if you don't want to pay, but you are connecting at 14 kbs...
    ******EDIT: found the thread. Q2N is a no-go on the 6600.
    Last edited by mwfielder; 05-20-2005 at 10:17 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

The final outcome if i recall is q2n is not working on the 6600.

Yeah--just found and read the thread. No Q2N. I'll edit the above post.

Quick2Net setup on xv6600
    Jeremiah 29:11

so basically there no way for one with the 6600 to get their date billed towards their Minutes?

My purpose of usage just doesnt justify the $45/month unlimited access. Verizon should really allow 6600 users to have the option of whether to bill towards thier mins or not since mins are being paid for as well....

Nope... not unless you've had it before--and not even then unless you're really lucky.

If cost is a concern you shouldn't be with Verizon anyway! I've got unlimited data for $10 at Sprint.

Dan

Originally posted by luv2chill

If cost is a concern you shouldn't be with Verizon anyway!

Dan
    I agree. Verizon is expensive, but has the strongest data network out there (at least in Cincinnati area). My income involves being very "accessable" so I don't mind paying a bit more...