+ Reply to Thread

Question on Copying

Hello again.

Sorry for another question but just getting my PPC6600 today has made me feel like a kid in a candy store.

I am trying to copy a large file(335MB) onto my 1GB sandisk card in the PPC and while it is hooked up via usb cradle. But it seems as though when the copying screen pops up and says copying from C: to Storage Card it runs as slowly as I would expect but it gets to about 5 bars and then restarts. At first I thought it might just be taking a while but it has been doing this for about 2 hours now. When I open up my Storage card in my PPC it shows the file with 0B leading me to assume it is trying to transfer, but it shouldn't be restarting every time.

Any ideas or suggestions as to what i might be doing wrong?

Coras

PS Thanks to everyone for the help in advance, I truly am a newbie and if it werent for my work distributing these Id still have my A500(it worked for me

Do you have USB 2.0 ports on your computer? If so, do yourself a favor and buy a $20 SD card reader... you will save yourself a lot of time that way. The cradle uses USB 1.1 which has really poor transfer rates (as you've already witnessed). USB 2.0 improves on that a lot but you've got to have USB 2.0 High Speed hardware on both ends. If your computer didn't come with USB 2.0 ports, you can buy an add-on PCI card that does. Then you just need to make sure that the SD card reader is also USB 2.0 High Speed compliant (should say on the package, but most all models sold today are compliant).

I know this isn't really an answer to your problem/question, but it's my best advice to you.

Enjoy your 6600!

Dan

The Cartman of Convergence
    I would format the sd card and see if that helped.

You may have a bad sd card also:

OK my xv6600 doesn't see my 1gb card anymore

Onstjohn

Administrator
    just get a card reader.activesync does not like large files at times...

Geek
    My HP NC6000 has an integrated SD reader, no issues!
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

how to transfer converted DVD movies to storage card

I did it once befor had a problem but now i forgot.. i got around to convertin another dvd down to 297mb and it just keeps resettin every time i transfer it to the storage card on the phone.. only 64.0k is goin then it resets..

Phone PPC6600

1 gig mem card.

any help would be great..

Thanks
    Shawn

put it in a card reader then transfer dont use the cradle

its all i have is the cradle.. no card reader..

Dang..

I may have to go buy one.. but i need to get this done ASAP.. any one else have the same problem,

I had teh same problem back on dec 24th before i went to FL.. but some how i got it to go but i don't remmeber..

if any one can help me i will even send it to you.. Ice Age (1st movie), and fantastic four the movie (no boot legs here).. i have over 1500 DVD's and takes me about and hour and a half to do a convert.. depends on quality etc..

SHawn..

just get one if you copy movies to it... its like 50 times faster to transfer when u use a card ereader

ok I am pickin one up tomorrow.. Cuz i gotta use the 1 gig card to transfer all my media over from my LT to my new PC any way.. its gonna take a long time.. 2k plus MP3,s pics, movies,

Thanks SO far,, any other help..

Shawn.

itll take no time at all with a card reader

I understand that.... but does any one know why its not allowing me to do this with the phone though?

SHawn