+ Reply to Thread

Phone buttons do not respond with incoming call!

Anyone else have this problem? Randomly I will get a phone call and will press my green phone answer button, nothing will happen. Repeadetly pressing it and nothing happens. I have to click the answer text box on the incoming caller ID bubble.

Once I answer the call the buttons seem to work fine, and they work just fine otherwise. Weird.

Are you using Photo contacts or PhoneLock? I have seen this issue when I am running either/both of them occassionally. I have also seen this issue when paired to BT devices. It does seem random to me as well...
    Jeremiah 29:11

yes it's a PITA

Mine can do that but it will work if I keep hitting it, I assume it's just a crappy button connection with mine anyway, probably different than the problem you are describing.
    Tom

I was having the same problem try holdint the button down a little longer. One question though are you using a esp long wav file for the ringer?

Im just using one of the standard system ringers, old ringer actually. And I am running the photo contacts ver 1.20 I think. Glad to see I am not the only one. This actually just started happening lately to me, but this installation seems to be a little corrupt now so time for a hard reset anyhow.
    iPhone 3GS !!

OK this is getting worse and I cannot explain it at all. I notice that if my screen is off the green/red buttons will turn the screen on, but will NOT answer/ignore the phone call. Additionally now it stays that way until I soft reset. Even though the buttons dont work on a press, they work on a press and hold, ie: if I press the red button it will not ignore a call or close my phone app, but if I press and hold it will put my phone in flight mode!

The only programs I have added since this has happened have been Egress, phonealarm, and iNav iGuidance.

Today this has happened on every single call!
    iPhone 3GS !!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    You know what I'm going to say, right?

Hard reset.

E

Gotta go with E on this one---photo contacts works fine on my device, and I can answer with the hard buttons. It used to work just fine with photo contacts on your device, right?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Yes I never had this problem before. Of course you guys are right, I did hard reset this morning and am installing everything from scratch. So far so good.
    iPhone 3GS !!