+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missed Calls

Missed Calls

Yes I've searched. Seems to be a similar problem but different situation.

If i call my phone i can see the screen slightly flicker but it doesnt show the incoming call. Nothing happens. The other phone will continue to ring until it goes to voicemail. Then on the 6600 it will alert me that i missed a call. So the calls ARE GETTING to the 6600, its just not rining, or vibrating. Some of the time.

I did a soft reset and called it, the call came through, i clicked ignore. then i called again and what i said above, happened.

This has been going on for sometime now that I've had the phone for a couple weeks. I've been noticing it doesnt ring often.

I dont have much installed that has anything to do with the phone side.

Any ideas where to start?

Uninstall wisbar or upgrade to the latest beta available in their forum.

Dan

Must help having my big apps listed in my sig... when they're site comes back up ill give it a try and post my results. Thanks luv2chill

Very similar to my issues, see if it goes away if you don't use active synch. reboot the phone (battery out) then see if calls work okay. Don't synch for a while and see if that helps. I am almost sure my non ringing has to do with synching and especially the cradle synching. I have a 3d party synch cable that doesn't seem to screw the phone up as bad

Also try hoding the red power button on the phone off for a while, turn the phone back on...if it still doesn't ring try connecting to vision and disconnecting and try again.

I think the phone gets in a funky state due to active synching
    PPC 6600, then 6700, now 6800

I'm able to get calls and not get calls regardless of activesync. I'll try the wisbar idea first.

By the way I dont have EDVO yet, so no internet.

ok if wisbar doesn't fix it try the active synch. I think active synch leaves something in memory that hurts the phone performance. Can't hurt to try

The problem with it being activesync, EVERYONE on here would be having that same problem. I just got my phone, it had the most recent updates already. I just dont seem to recall it letting me know i had an imcoming call but maybe once or twice. And I've had wisbar installed since the day I got it.

does anyone have pocket plus installed? This is an Identical issue that was observed constantly with the g1000

I shut down wisbar and did a soft reset and my calls are coming through fine. I NEED that update. Theyre site is down, if anyone has it please zip/rar it and email it to me rplatt@ecschem.com. Thanks!

i have the same problem, and am wondering if its activesync related.

dont have many programs on the phone, SBP, phoneplus and voice command are about it..

its getting a bit repetitive to reset 3-4times/day.
    Verizon XV6600

I upgraded to the next version of wisbar and havn't had any incoming phone calls missed. not one.

Converged
    robplatt,

Does your signal meter work? I couldn't seem to get the signal meter to work with WisBar. Considering WisBar skins the task bar and essentially covers the signal meter that MS provides, it made it unusable for me.

Any ideas on how to get it to work if you have it working? I have a XV6600woc. The only app I'm running that you aren't is Phone Alarm.
    Cigular 8125

No the signal meter doesnt work yet. They're working on it according to their forums. I think they got gmrs radio signal working just not cdma. Something like that.

If i need to know my signal, i just ask it. whats my signal strength. Usually I know where its at (between home, work, etc)

I have IP Dashboard installed now too, and it seems to display a signal strength though its never the same as what MS Voice Command says.

and fieldtrial.exe is a joke. I can have 10% signal and 50% signal on 100dbm.

if you think it may be active synch, this is what I have been doing and getting better results. I only synch in the morning and when I leave to go home. After I synch I close all running apps including active synch.

I know I am crazy, but I have better results using a USB cable for synching (OEM) rather than the cradle that comes with the unit.

I may be missing something, but I can get my phone to stop answering almost every time I leave it in the cradle all day long.

Mine must come in and out of the cradle a dozen times a day. Activesync is always running because i do activesync over the air. I also activesync at home via bluetooth.

happening again

Well I just got a new laptop and now my phone does not pick up any calls while at work. Killing active synch doesn't matter either. So it is either something with active synch or SPRINT. I am in downtown Atlanta and find it hard that SPRINT would be having issues here.

Here is the strange kicker which makes me believe it is some sort of bug in the phone. If I call my cell phone, and while it is ringing on the calling handset i close the phone app open it up and close it repeatedly, it will sometimes pick up.

Sprint support rep said might not be holding a signal. So time to head to the dreaded Lenox location that totally sucks

Yeah, I hate the Lenox store.....long lines....long wait times....I'm with vzw now....ahhh, no more Lenox store!