+ Reply to Thread

Music Service success?

Has anyone tried using any of the music services to download music to our 660x's? iTunes is a no go of course. Napster? MSN Music? Rhapsody(not the work around with Media Encoder either)? Yahoo?
    Thanks for any feedback or comments.

Jack

Yes, I am also wondering if anyone has attempted or met with success with a music download service for our PPC.

Coras

Success with MSN Music Service

I got 5 free downloads after buying my first song for 99 cents on MSN Music so I went for it. The download was simple. The sync to my device was simple with Windows Media player 10. Note - I do have the WMP 10 ROM update found on this forum. Hope that helps!

Jack

Apparently people in other forums have used both Yahoo Music and Napster with their PPCs, but that may have been with WM10 as well...

I can attest it definitely works with Yahoo Music. You must have WM10 on your phone because Rhapsody, Napster, Wal-Mart, Yahoo! and all of the subscription-based services use Microsoft DRM (Digital Rights Management) version 2 which requires WM10.

For me the Yahoo! $59.95 unlimited subscription for a year made the risk of bricking my phone worthwhile. Despite being a lifelong techie and a damn good one, I did almost brick my phone on the first attempt -- was able to get a bootloader up after sifting/searching through hundreds of well-meaning but incorrect posts.

I also signed up for Rhapsody ToGo, but that (as yet) does not recognize our 6600's as a WM10 device. No biggie as it's about 3x more expensive than Yahoo!

WM9 and iPod users are stuck without a subscription option. Cheeses me off since I otherwise love my iPod.

Good luck!

[Seems like I mentioned Yahoo! a lot in the above post -- I don't work for them and I don't get paid to advertise them -- they were just the cheapest solution I came across].

So, to save hte rest of us the same troubles can you director to the post or better yet wirte up the correct process to load WM10?

Originally posted by g.711
    So, to save hte rest of us the same troubles can you director to the post or better yet wirte up the correct process to load WM10?
    http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/upgrade/
    Last edited by sf_jack; 06-06-2005 at 12:48 PM.