+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Help a LEFTY - Please....

Is there a way to move the sliderbar to the LEFT of the screen instead of the RIGHT when it appears? I seem to cover up most of the screen with my left hand when I try and scroll up and down the screen.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Re: Help a LEFTY - Please....

This is the same as the holy grail quest.

Sorry, but has a long time PocketPC user who is also a lefty, I have yet to find a way to achieve this.

By the looks of things, all programmers are right handed and do not give a d*m for lefties.

If you do find something, please let me know.

Best regards

frenchnew

Originally posted by koibuff
    Is there a way to move the sliderbar to the LEFT of the screen instead of the RIGHT when it appears? I seem to cover up most of the screen with my left hand when I try and scroll up and down the screen.

Thanks in advance, Mike
    Audiovox PPC-6600
    Bell Mobility
    2005 Acura TL - HFL works fine with the PPC-6600

There was one a long time ago, I think it was a palm app. But us lefties are always left out in the cold.
    Sort of like all the cool things they're doing for VGA and not for QVGA.
    Oh well, oppressed as we are, we must trudge on.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

There's a reason it's called the "right" hand you bunch of deviants! LOL just kidding, I'm surprised MS doesn't offer this functionality as it would make sense to be able to move things around depending on preference... Oh well.
    Tom

Originally posted by d2tw4all
    There's a reason it's called the "right" hand you bunch of deviants! LOL just kidding, I'm surprised MS doesn't offer this functionality as it would make sense to be able to move things around depending on preference... Oh well.
    Tom
    MS does not give a hoot about their customer, they just care about getting your money.

I am sure if MS offered such an option, it would be an unplanned bug or it would be a security risk. LOL

I guest for us lefties, we just have to adapt, period.

I can use both hands to NAV, so it should be easy to learn. But I feel for you!

At least they let you run in it landscape for lefties.
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

I find it ironic that Bill Gates is left-handed, yet his company continues to produce software that ignores left-handed users (it's even worse with a Tablet PC). Even sight and hearing impaired folks get a nod from Windows, but not lefties

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    Originally posted by Kupe
    Even sight and hearing impaired folks get a nod from Windows, but not lefties
    That is because being left-handed is not considered to be a handicap or disability. Now if they officially declare that all left-handed people are handicaped then you would see more left-handed friendly options everywhere.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

A disproportionate of brilliant people are lefties (excluding Gates) so I've never understood why IT ergonomics doesn't accommodate us.

You'd think someone would have written some a "Lefty" code like they did for the Palms. I'm sick of "settling" for PPC shortcomings.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    A disproportionate of brilliant people are lefties (excluding Gates) so I've never understood why IT ergonomics doesn't accommodate us.

You'd think someone would have written some a "Lefty" code like they did for the Palms. I'm sick of "settling" for PPC shortcomings.
    Gates didn't become the richest man in the WORLD by being an idiot now did he? People love to knock Microsoft but I don't think technology would be where it is without it...
    Tom

I'm right handed, I don't see anything wrong,
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Originally posted by amirmckelvey
    I'm right handed, I don't see anything wrong,
    Don't make me track you down and chop off your right hand!!
    Originally posted by jaderaven
    That is because being left-handed is not considered to be a handicap or disability.
    Ironic given the documented higher accident rates suffered by lefties and the not-as-well-documented lower life expectancy. Luckily, so far, the actuarial world has allowed 90% of the population to cover the extra liability we lefties generate.

Yes, I have 2 problems, they say Lefties die sooner as well as short men. I'm 5'3, and living on borrowed time!

Originally posted by Kupe

Ironic given the documented higher accident rates suffered by lefties and the not-as-well-documented lower life expectancy. Luckily, so far, the actuarial world has allowed 90% of the population to cover the extra liability we lefties generate.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Left Handed Landscape View

Will this help? Used to be you had to buy an app from NWDITOT software to do landscape view on the PDA, but the 6601 has a setting for it. Go to Settings, third tab (systems), and select Screen. That has a setting to rotate to landscape for either right or left hand. Great for reading Mobipocket books and email; somewhat disruptive to application screens - app buttons can be in weird places.
    Oh. My. God. John Kerry looks exactly like the severed head from Reanimator!