+ Reply to Thread

keep or Dump Wireless Sync?

Trying to decide whether not to dump Wireless Sync. Reasons to dump:
    1. I am unable to get notification that new email has arrived. Even after a hard reset with nothing but default software onboard no permutatioms of actions/alerts will get outlook to tell me of new mail if I have received it via WS.... do I have a defective unit here?

2. Sometimes the newly composed email gets stuck in the outbox for several sync cycles before actually being sent. One to two hour delay before email gets on its way.

3. The "SENT" box does not accurately reflect the sent mail for up to 24 hours.

So please tell me why I should keep it?

If I configure the device to directly connect with my email accounts will all of them be polled simultaneously for new mail, or will only the default account be checked? If all are polled will all of them show up on the "Today" screen?
    What other features would I be missing out on If I skip WS? I don't reaaly need to remotely update tasks or contacts as I can use Active Sync every night when I recharge...
    Thanks for any help here...
    Samsung i760

If you don't need WS to access mail on Exchange or Domino servers, dump it with quickness.

You can fix the notification problem with Phonealarm. It works quite well for me with and without WS.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Note that Disgruntledtech wrote this up (how to activesync without an exchange server)
    HOWTO: Over the Air activesync without exchange using PPC6600

I'm with Beryl. WS is an extra layer that most people don't need. The only time I see benefit to it is if you have an IT department that won't change access to the exchange server, or lotus server.

I too have the 2 hour wait for sending mail. It started working. Then it stopped working. There is no debug in WS.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

thank you for your speedy and concise thoughts!!! I shall cancel my electroshock appointment...
    Samsung i760

thank you for your speedy and concise thoughts!!! I shall cancel my electroshock appointment...
    Samsung i760

I had similar problems as Heliskier. I wwork through it with VZW tech support and they could not find anything wrong, server side. So they assumed must be a bad device. It was. Now the WS is working very well and I have very few problems with it. You may want to contact they for an exchange.

WG

Installing Phonealarm did indeed fix the notification problem! I also reconfigured WS and noticed a separate menu item for notification that may or may not have been selected when I setup ws the first time (this is in addition to selecting an alarm for data sync under the sound\notification tab in "settings"). I then set up phonealarm to notify after an Acfive Sync session and that did the trick ...
    Samsung i760

Sickwidit
    Wow, I've noticed that there have been quite a few wireless sync posts lately. I haven't used Verizon's wireless sync but I can say that just syncing directly to exchange 03 using the built in AUTD feature in windows mobile works great. If it's possible to go that route it may be worth it.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?