+ Reply to Thread

Angry XV6600 changing password on VPN by itself???

I set up a vpn connection and successfully got on my company network ONCE. Now when I try to get back in, I get the following message: "VPN server problems. Verify your username and password, and try again. If the problem continues, turn the device off and try again."
    When I check my settings, I can tell that my password now has several additional characters added. (it is about 7 asterisks too long). So I try changing it back and saving it... and every time it magically seems to be changing my password again. What gives?
    Can some IT guru please enlighten me? I would be eternally grateful.

Tim

Yes, that happened to me when I first got my phone. Try typing verizon.
    Then you can change it again later.

Good Luck.

Anybody reading this - I need help understanding what an error message 4314 means, how to correct it and what the consequences of the error are.
    Thanks.
    DENPDX

Sickwidit
    The extra astericks ar jus to mask the password, they do not represent the number of characters in the password. If they did it would give someone a way to narrow down their password search because they know how many characters the password is made up of. I would check other things like making sure you can access the vpn from other computers.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?