+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ProClip Belt Clip Holster for the 6600

Hi All,

If you've seen me in other areas I'm the one who got ProClip on their holster kick starting it off with my i500. I've received many requests for one for the 6600, and I just received a sample holster in the mail. As soon as I get a hold of a 6600, I'll take some pics and post them. The link in my sig can take you to ordering one. It will save you $4.15 if you were to order it direct from ProClip.

It looks pretty slick. The multidapt is mounted sideways to hold the 6600 horizontally when used with the fixed spring clip. Of course it free swivels when used with the removable clip. It has a fuzzy coating to help protect the finish as well. I'll post more when I have pics.

Ryan
    Last edited by crogs571; 05-20-2005 at 11:27 AM.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

are you talking about the car mounted holster with or without cig power.

I have it installed already in my car, and it is great, very easy to snap it in, stays in place and I can adjust the angle perfectly

It will even fit the 3300 battery (or so I've been told)

it seems like a great product!

no, they have a belt clip holster now for it. I could have saved you about 12% on that car holder purchase. If you need anything else from ProClip, let me know. Their products work really well. I have my i500 and Rio Karma setup in the car with their products.
    Save at least 15% on ProClip Products. PM me for info how to order. My website is down now that I dumped comcast for verizon.

looks good, however do they experence the same problems as the other holster in terms of the SD card popping out.

you can PM me, I'd like some more info...

It shouldn't. They learned that lesson with the Treo and created a top loading holster instead of the traditional bottom loader with the snap in top. When I get a hold of a dummy phone or the real thing, I'll play and take pics.

Can't wait to see the pics.........
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

sounds great to me. i'm guessing it probably doesn't have a place to hold extra memory or wifi cards? if not, please pass that thought along to them.

well the concept of a holster is to be minimalist. I think if you're looking to store extras, a leather case is the way to go.

Hi Crogs571,
    I have the seido holster for the phone, it works well, but I have a few issues:

1. The memory card pops out when removing the phone.
    2. For me, it grips the phone a little tighter than i would like, making removal and insertion a 2 handed affair.
    3. The tightness of the top 'finger' scratches the top of the phone.

Does the holster you are selling resolve these issues?

Thanks,
    Tim

I didn't get a chance to get to the store today so I'll have to do it over the weekend. I can say this....

1. The phone actually locks in from the sides so it avoids any kind of scraping against the top (where I assume the sd slot is) that would engage the card slot or disengage a card.
    2. Can't tell you about that yet.
    3. The holster is covered in a soft fuzzy material that should aid in keeping the phone's finish intact.

I'll be more in depth when I get a hold of the phone.

Ryan

waiting for some pics.. thx
    does it swivel?
    Verizon XV6600

from what they said, no. The fixed spring clip will be the only option for this due to it's size. If the masses speak, I can ask them about trying to make the swivel adaptor an option. The multidapt generally can accommodate the swivel attachment. I'll get clarification though. Would you really want that big thing sitting vertically on your belt?

id actually prefer horizontally! (long ways) thats why i asked if it would swivel. vertical seems like it would be long and jab at you every time you sit or drive, etc..
    Verizon XV6600

I took some pics. fits well. tight fit, but I have a feeling now that I screwed up. I'm wondering if it's supposed to face in for protection...doh. You'd think I would have learned from the Treo. I'm all about access while in the holster so I wasn't thinking.

Other than that, what would stay consistent is that there's plenty of button access and the card slot isn't in the way at all. No contact by the holster so no worries. I'll go back to verizon or sprint tomorrow and take some more pics with it facing inward, and I'll find out which way it's supposed to face.

The seido has the screen facing inwards, which seems like a far better idea.

It swivels as well, on a pretty sturdy clip.

Not trying to crap on your thread, but I am interested in what you are selling, as long as its better than what I currently use.

Thanks,
    Tim

all comments are appreciated. I just screwed up because I'm of the mindset that I'd like to have my phone functional while in the holster so I goofed and will take new pics. The one thing the Seidio has is rotating spring clip. For some odd reason, it seems impossible to find out who manufactures that stupid rotating clip, because ProClip would use it. They just haven't found anybody that sells it.

A little comparison. Since companies are stupid and put the sd slot at the top which is the primary place holsters lock in. ProClip decided to let theirs lock in from the side, partly the reason why you don't want it vertical. I can imagine trying to slip it in from the side and miss and have it drop. Also, locking in from the top causes it to scrape across the sd slot causing it to a)lock up on the sd slot or b)eject the sd card as it slides over. ProClip learned their lesson on the Treo, but it doesn't look like Seidio learned their lesson which I find odd because they copied ProClip's design on the Treo since they couldn't come up with their own design that actually worked.

The ProClip is also fuzzy coated to help protect the finish of the phone over the long haul.

So benefits of the ProClip I'd say are four fold:
    1)Locking in from the sides to avoid contact with the SD card/slot
    2)fuzzy coated to protect the finish
    3)Price. Straight up the Seidio costs about $3 more. If you buy the ProClip through me then the Seidio costs about $7 more.
    4)Krussel's multidapt on the back can be viewed as a plus because quite a few will purchase various clip attachments to suit their needs.

all comments are appreciated. I just screwed up because I'm of the mindset that I'd like to have my phone functional while in the holster so I goofed and will take new pics. The one thing the Seidio has is rotating spring clip. For some odd reason, it seems impossible to find out who manufactures that stupid rotating clip, because ProClip would use it. They just haven't found anybody that sells it.

A little comparison. Since companies are stupid and put the sd slot at the top which is the primary place holsters lock in. ProClip decided to let theirs lock in from the side, partly the reason why you don't want it vertical. I can imagine trying to slip it in from the side and miss and have it drop. Also, locking in from the top causes it to scrape across the sd slot causing it to a)lock up on the sd slot or b)eject the sd card as it slides over. ProClip learned their lesson on the Treo, but it doesn't look like Seidio learned their lesson which I find odd because they copied ProClip's design on the Treo since they couldn't come up with their own design that actually worked.

The ProClip is also fuzzy coated to help protect the finish of the phone over the long haul.

So benefits of the ProClip I'd say are four fold:
    1)Locking in from the sides to avoid contact with the SD card/slot
    2)fuzzy coated to protect the finish (not just the screen.
    3)Price. Straight up the Seidio costs about $3 more. If you buy the ProClip through me then the Seidio costs about $7 more.
    4)Krussel's multidapt on the back can be viewed as a plus because quite a few will purchase various clip attachments to suit their needs.

*it says that they have a new design that doesn't interfere with the SD card/slot, but the picture still shows the top part has to slide over to lock the phone in the holster so I don't understand how it can work. Anyone who has one feel free to chime in.
    Last edited by crogs571; 05-24-2005 at 01:43 AM.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    I have the Seidio holster, and aside from a few issues, have no problems with it. I've "only" popped the SD card out once or twice, and it was really just me rushing to get my phone out. The real problem I have is that I use SuperDave's PhoneLock, and sometimes the holster will unlock the phone (by putting pressure on the OK button). I'm interested in seeing what the ProClip looks like, especially since you mentioned that it has plenty of button access. Hopefully that's not just when it's in backwards
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

the funny thing is, when it's facing out, it's a tight fit, but it's usable in the holster so I wouldn't be (if I owned it) taking it out as much. That's just me though. I'll try and pop by the store later today to take the inward facing pics.

Heck, I've just gone ahead and ordered! I like it. I'll let you all know what it's like when I get it.

Anthony