+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Symbols & Icons

Symbols & Icons

Hello All,

First post here...finally Telus released the PPC6600 in Canada...agghhh, been a long time waiting, so far loving it.

Ok...first question, on the "phone" screen there are a couple of symbols I don't know what they mean, they are next to the battery status icon. 1 icon looks like a 'target' symbol with a red line through it, then right below the battery icon there are at times different letters ie: "e" or "m" . What do these mean?

Second of all, r there updates for the windows pocket os, and is there any updates to IE....that includes encryption?

And where would anyone recommend for a software download site(not a pirate one).

Regards, Bigr
    Telus PPC6600
    ROM:2.04.00 WWE
    extROM: 2.04.115 WWE

1. target symbol = location-based services are turned on. You can switch them off (for non-911 purposes) in the Tools Menu->Options->Services Tab->Location Setting.

2. These letters correspond to what particular phone number is displayed to the left of it. m= mobile, h = home, w=work, etc. I have no idea what e stands for--I've never seen that one on my phone. Obviously this only works if you've set up people in your contacts database.

3. No... IE in WM2003SE (what you have) already includes the high encryption pack (do not install the MS add-on pack--it's for older Pocket PCs). If you're having problems viewing secure sites (banks, etc.) you may be out of luck... some check your browser version and won't let Pocket PCs on, and some use activex or java applets which don't work on Pocket PCs.

4. Handango.com or pocketgear.com are both well-known and respected places.

Enjoy your 6600!

Dan

WOW...Holy crap, that was quick!!!! Thanks a million, love my PPC, though I wish it had the same resolution my ASUS PPC had, 480x640. Maybe the next one out Oh and ur right, banking through my bank is well...not going to happen I guess.
    RE: the extended batteries...I've read and heard there r some issues, wheres a location to grab something that is a sure fit? Battery life is an issue for me right now...

Regards, bigr
    Telus PPC6600

...one more thing, have you hear of any CPU overclockers for this PPC? Would love to tweak this unit for age of empires...

bigr
    Telus PPC6600

e---email?

Try xcpuscalar or SuperDave's Autostep for overclocking. Search the 6600 thread (little button at the top left of the board) for autostep or overclocking or processor speed and you will see several threads on the subject.
    Jeremiah 29:11