+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar Needed

Calendar Needed

I am interested in using Microsoft Works calendar on my PC. I want to have a window on the today screen, that shows my upcoming appointment. I currently have SPB Pocket Plus as my today screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

Re: Calendar Needed

Originally posted by ParaGod
    I am interested in using Microsoft Works calendar on my PC. I want to have a window on the today screen, that shows my upcoming appointment. I currently have SPB Pocket Plus as my today screen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    There are plenty of nice PIM apps for the PocketPC - my favorite is PocketBreeze!

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/

Now, whether MS Works has a ActiveSync connector is another story ... though, I think Internet Explorers's Outlook Express does have one - you could always fall back to it if you don't have Outlook.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Re: Re: Calendar Needed

Originally posted by Kreigz
    There are plenty of nice PIM apps for the PocketPC - my favorite is PocketBreeze!

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/

Now, whether MS Works has a ActiveSync connector is another story ... though, I think Internet Explorers's Outlook Express does have one - you could always fall back to it if you don't have Outlook.
    I'm not sure it does, as any PocketPC thats bought should include a copy of Outlook.

Byron

I found this page from a Google search. It mentions that Microsoft Works does sync with ActiveSync. I've never heard that before, but maybe it can be done. There are a few links there for other sync software as well.

See this as well.
    Last edited by mwfielder; 05-23-2005 at 01:02 PM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Microsoft Works, does come with sync capabilities. The problems that I have had so far, and there has been many. I have installed a couple of programs, such as Pocket Diary, and I like the way it looks. Now I have tried pocketBreeze, and it seems to not work correctly. When I enter the appointments in Microsoft Works, I will not enter it into my phone. Now I have had it working in the past were it would sync without problem, but I screwed that up somehow, because the next time I attempted to sync my phone to my pc, the phone would not sync. It showed that the phone was not there. I corrected this by doing a hard reset and reloaded the progams again, to determine were the problem is.

Now I am unsure what is causing the sync problem, but when I put the phone on the cradle the phone connects to the internet. Since I am a novice when it comes to my phone, I am unsure what is causing it, and how to stop it.

I currently have the PPC-6600, with the latest Audiovox drivers installed.

Now what happens when I installed Microsoft Works onto my phone, there was a conflict. It stated that I could not sync with Outlook, and Works. So that is my problem, I hope that this is clear, if not then I try to explain it more clearly.

I also am looking for a calendar that does shift scheduling.

I suspect most 3rd party programs are looking for Outlook. Any reason you don't want to switch to Outlook? I think Outlook 2002 came with the 6600.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Well, I never used Outlook, and I have used Works alot, and like, the multi-tasking ability of it. Plus I never use Outlook for my email, since I have SBC Yahoo.