+ Reply to Thread

Question Verizon XV6600 Reset / Reboot Problem

I had to reboot my Verizon XV6600 since it hung while using it. After using the reset button the device brings the windows logo with a some text at the bottom, then brings up the verizon screen and reboots again.

This cycle continues when you switch it on. The only way to get it to stop is to remove the battery. When you insert the battery back in again and turn it on it goes into this rebooting recycle over and over again.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any advise?

Thanks in advance

So it never loads up the OS and brings up the today screen? Try resetting it in the cradle or cabled to the pc (i.e. using a power source).

Did you load up any of the ROM updates (official or unofficial)?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks for your reply mwfielder.

I tried booting it on the cradle with the power cable connected and the usb cable connected as well. No luck

The windows powered screen comes up followed by the verizon logo splash screen. Then it goes back to the windows powered logo.

I have not installed any rom updates.

Since it does not power up at all I am not sure if there is a way to reinstall the os on it since the procedure talked about installing when the device was booted and connected via activesync.

Let me correct one of my sentences above "Since it does not power up at all". It powers up but does not boot the os completely.

Sorry about that.

I didn't see, did you try a hard reset?

If that still doesn't work plug it into the cradle and try loading the latest ROM. It can't hurt seeing as you can't even boot.

As long as the PPC gets recognized as a USB device, the bootloader should run.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Thanks much IvanLasston. Your advise helped a lot. This device really belonged to the company I work for and I would have got stuck with the cost of getting it fixed/replaced.

Cheers

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    We should put how to reset the device in the faq...

Ehud