+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

are there any programs to check your emails?

I have 3 pop3 email accounts and set them to automaticly check every 15 min. It seems that they dont go on and check every 15 min. I even tried setting them up to go every 13, 14, and 15 min so they would be checking at different times and that didnt work. Are there any 3rd party programs that will check all of your emails for you at alotted times of the day or anything like that?

*edit* it seems like only one of the accounts seem to check automaticly

LôK!™

Yeah, stupid Pocket Outlook will only check the current email box that its set to look at on the screen.... bleh. I use Verizons wireless sync, some people dont like it, but it works for me for now.

Take a look at WebIS mail, although I don't use the automatic check option...
    Jeremiah 29:11

I just found this topic. This may be a very huge problem for me. I had just assumed that mail would be checked on all mail accounts! I was not planning on using the wireless sync. Are there alternatives that will allow you to have several pop accounts checked automatically?

yeah I never quite figgured that one out. I tried webis mail and couldnt really figgure it out.

LôK!™

Webis mail does what you want. It will check all POP3 accounts and you can specify which to check at startup as well as automatically. I found it to be a memory hog so I stopped using it and just put up with manual downloads for my Pop3 addresses.

Wireless Sync will do it too, its just all emails from all addresses will end up in the same mailbox AFAIK. This is especially bad when you are getting Exchange messages as well.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

So what are the advantages/disadvantages of Webis mail versus Wireless Sync. I will not be getting Exchange messages. I am high volume (several hundred emails a day).

Wireless Sync only keeps a few days of email unless you set it higher. It has a small storage limit so if you are getting quite a few mails a day you are going to run out somewhat quickly. I think its like 40MB or so. ALL EMAIL ENDS UP IN THE SAME FOLDER. That is a big deal especially if you have many messages to sort through. Verizon's check time is 15 minutes, period. I don't think you can change that. It is free though.

Webis, didn't work for me I think because I had too much stuff running - VC, SPB PP, SPB Weather, so Webis always needed a soft reset for me to get it to work. YMMV. Also do a search for webis throughout the forums. You will see there is a "growing mail folder" problem. Supposedly if you split up your mail folders it wouldn't happen as often, I never saw it and I had my folders split. Webis directly downloads your Pop3 instead of going to Verizon's Server first.

I think I'll try Webis. I don't imagine I'll have a lot of stuff running at once so probably shouldn't be a problem.

I use profimail and am very pleased with it. Easy to use, fast, and not a memory hog.
    Dewaine James
    http://webpages.charter.net/jamesplace
    http://dewaine.blogspot.com

I second that vote for Profimail. But on T-Mobile, I use their email triggers so the system is "pushing" my email to me.
    My sordid past:

Kyocera 6035, Kyocera 7135, Samsung i700, iPAQ 6315, iPAQ hx4705, Motorola a630, BB 7100t, iPAQ rx3115, JAM 850, BB 8700g, Samsung i320 (just for fun), imate KJAM, TMO SDA, MDA, TMO Wing

Does Profimail automatically retrieve mail on multiple accounts?

If so can anyone compaire Profimail and and Webis?

i'll stick with the long route......thunderhawk to yahoo.....lol

Or the short route
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/

To followup for those interested, I tried Webis and like a lot about it. However, I had many exception codes with it where it would lose my mail. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time to try to fix it but it still would have this problem. I also tried Profimail and ended up registering it.

Pros of Profimail:

Seems stable
    Can be set to retrieve mail from multiple mailboxes (you need to be in the main screen)
    I like the look of it
    Some limited filtering
    Mail from different accounts goes into different mailboxes

Cons

It sometimes doesn't check every 15 minutes for reasons that I can't figure out why it didn't do it

It has a preview pane but you can't resize the pain

You can recieve headers or the entire message but nothing in between (however, you can set up a filter to download the entire message if below a certain size or if certain other conditions exist, otherwise it will download the header only).

Deleting a message deletes from the server. The only way around this is to hide an unwanted message instead. That is fine but then you end with keeping a lot more messages than you want to keep.

Doesn't seem easy to keep attachments or mail on an external card. Maybe you can do it but I have figured out how yet.

Converged since May 2005
    I also vote for Profimail. I like it a lot better than Webismail

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    Or the short route
    http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/
    lol thats pretty cool....way faster...is that like the sprint vision you see on the flipe phones?

anyway to even access that kind of vision through our ppc`s?

PDAshadow, that is yahoo's wap address so yes it is what you would access on a regular phone. Our phones are xhtml compatible so any wap sites that are viewable on a regular phone are viewable on your pocket pc. You just need to know the address. I remember someone posting in one of the forums, the address of the sprint mobile homepage but I couldn't find it again.

ok thx ill look for it....