+ Reply to Thread

2 Questions: Outlook & Sounds

(1) OUTLOOK - Anyone know how to turn OFF Outlook on the xv6600, so it doesn't sync my outlook with my phone?

I've added a new account, which checks my pop.gmail, but the OUTLOOK account seems to be built in, and I can't remove it or turn it off.

(2) SOUNDS - My 6600 makes all kinds of noises when I am using it and it is really annoying. I've gone into "Sounds & Notifications" and haven't found how to shut up the device entirely... without MUTING everything and turning off the ringer as well. I've been able to do this with Phone Alarm, but then my phone won't ring either.

Any idea how to TURN OFF all sounds, aside from ringers, and email alerts, particularly the beep everytime I toggle something??

Thanks...

-NORTH

1) Delete the desktop Profille in ActiveSync. If prompted to re-create, just create a guest account.

2) Settings/Sounds&Notifications. Look at the 'Sounds' Tab and deselect what you don't want. Then look at the 'Notifications' tab and do the same.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Bravo... thanks!

I may be dense, but I have the boxes unchecked for "screen taps" & "hardware buttons" BUT still get sounds whenever I tap the screen. How can I turn the damn sound completely off?

The only sound I hear with the Screen Taps button unchecked is the beep when opening the Start menu, which I guess is considered an 'Event', since disabling that turns that off.

If you want to turn the sound completely off, mute the volume.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

for some reason, I get beep/ticks whenever I tap the screen even though I have uncheked the relevant boxes. If all else fails, I like the idea of muting the volume altogether.

Did you try a soft reset after changing the settings?

Also, would you be running any apps that modify the alarms in any way that may over-ride the system settings?
    -Lee
    Samsung i730

It may be a matter of my misunderstanding but I would like to disable sounds when I make selections from windows desktop. Lowering the main volume works, too; I'll just have to remember to jack it back up when I use the phone.