+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Asurion equipment replacement "insurance" from Verizon is a fraud.

This post is intended for everyone who owns a XV6600 from Verizon, pays $5 for insurance every month and assumes that they will actually get a replacement phone if/when its damaged.

Boy, do they have a surprise for you...

You are in denial. If/when your phone is damaged and you call Asurion, naively thinking that they will send you a replacement, be prepared to hear "We do not have the device in stock. We do not know when it will be in stock. Your choices are cancelling the order or waiting until we get the device in stock".

I hope someone actually has the time and resources to launch a class action lawsuit against Asurion for collecting money every month and defrauding their customers when they file a claim. These bastards need to be regulated the same way car insurance companies are regulared these days.

Eugene

I received a replacement when I lost my XV6600, in fact they had it to me within 3 days. I was very impressed with them....
    Jeffery L Cannon

Same thing happenned to me with Sprint. My PPC 6600 was replaced with a Treo 650. I called Lockline, complained, complained, complained and complained until I got another 6600.

I received 2... No problem... New in the original Boxes.
    M

Thumbs down Assuruon

I crushed my screen the day before I had to leave on a business trip. They had it delivered to My hotel room within 36 hours!

Not only are they NOT a fraud---they are awesome! If they told you that then it was the case.

I received a replacement in less 18 hours.

Here's a thought... maybe they ran out and have to wait for their stock to be replenished.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Here's a thought ... Those in the emergency fulfilment game shouldn't mismanage inventory assets.

Originally posted by fixn278
    Here's a thought... maybe they ran out and have to wait for their stock to be replenished.

Whose in the 'emergency fulfilment' game? You make it sound like they ran out of stock on a replacement pacemaker.

Though many tech-related companies provide some type of quick replacement plan in case of hardware failure, there is some downtime, be it hours, days, or weeks if it happens. My clients who weigh that downtime against inconvienience and/or lost revenue and find those timeframes insufficient maintain thier own inventory of backups. For $650, you can too.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

backbeat, another thought. My slider was "wiggly" so I called Verizon. They sent me a replacement. The point is that if it is a defection, you may get relief from Verizon.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    'Whose(sic) in the 'emergency fulfilment' game?' Those in the insurance racket, that's whose.

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    Whose in the 'emergency fulfilment' game?

And whislt you wait you can "try" a replacement from Verizon for 15/30 days.

To all of you praising how wonderful Asurion is and how quick you got your replacement : you sound like you work for them.

Side note: it has been 7 days and the only thing I got from Asurion was several automated messages saying "We regret to inform you that your device is still on back order". If charging customers money every month and not being able to issue a replacement FOR A WEEK when a claim is filed is not a fraud, I do not know what is.

Imagine if your car was stolen and your insurance company would tell you that they cant give you a check for a full cost of the car and that your model of the car is on backorder and there is no ETA.

Pathetic.

genie, where do you live?

Originally posted by eugenek
    To all of you praising how wonderful Asurion is and how quick you got your replacement : you sound like you work for them.
    And you sound like you work for their competitor....
    Both your statement and this one are silly.

You voiced your displeasure with their process as others voiced their positive experience.

It's unfortunate that you are have having issues with them. Some do and some don't. No need to accuse those that are still happy of being "company plants."

Good luck.

rilpop: NYC

will replace phone ONCE only

My screen of my XV6600 cracked (you need to put it in a hard case), and Asurion replaced it. I had the new phone in 2 days. However, they will only replace the unit ONCE. If the phone breaks again, they will only fax you a proof-of-purchase, and then you must go to a Verizon store to get it repaired.

Once Asurion replaces the phone once, take the insurance off your bill - it no longer does you any good to pay $5/month.

Isn't it one replace per year? They replaced my lost unit....I think they said once per year...

sound right ?

Asurion

Once per year? Then why pay after a claim?

It's twice in a year. After the second claim your insurance is removed from your account automatically.

I am paying $5.99 a month for my insurance on my Verizon account... Did it recently go up?
    XV6600
    JBT350
    There's no place like pdaphonehome, There's no place like pdaphonehome, There's no place like pdaphonehome!