+ Reply to Thread

Photo Contacts and XV6600 on Verizon with Cam...

Photo contacts .cab on Ehud's site doesn't work on the CAM version of the 6600 on Verizon and gives a nice error of "Unable to read Contact data! (Error Code:88000064) 101:200:662"
    It will do this on the VZW cam version running their rom or the one on Ehud's site.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Works fine. Download the Caller ID cab file and install. If you get the error, it's a conflict with something else you have.

It works on mine...

E

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Works fine on mine as well. I'm only posting this "me too" because my phone, unlike Ehud's, is pretty much stock (i.e. no ROM/radio/other updates).
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

I had the same error message on XV6600woc. (See pic below). View the callerID thread here. Read on through the thread for how I fixed it, but I ended up finding some start up info in the windows folder that I deleted.

Did you install, uninstall, and reinstall? I found that it worked well for me if I disconnected the device from the pc before I activated the cab file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo Contacts and XV6600 on Verizon with Cam...-screenshot042.gif  
    Jeremiah 29:11

I get the error no matter what. All I have installed is SPB Plus, and phonealarm. I tried deleting the caller_id file in /windows/startup and I still get the error on reset and every time I try to run it. Very strange.

For the heck of it, I did a hard reset, and loaded only Photo Contacts now, and I still get the error. Its funny because before I upgraded the rom I got the error too. But on my previous non-cam version of the verizon xv6600 it ran, but didn't work very stable.
    It seems there is something with this new cam version I have that just doesn't like Photo Contacts, even with a fresh hard reset and no programs loaded.

I found 3 files loose in the windows directory that I deleted. Error message stopped, but photo contacts runs fine. I wish I would have written down the names, but I think they all started with IA or 1A.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Okay, I'll ask the dumb noob question... where is eHud's site?? Anyone have a URL handy? Thanks

it's at the bottom of every one of his posts.

http://www.myehud.com

Dan

thanks... I guess I just assumed it was something, I dunno, more.

lmao at Ehuds Quick and Dirty FAQ.
    That was some funny ass reading!
    Verizon XV6600