+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vanishing Gmail

vanishing Gmail

Tried all sorts of settings. No problem sending and receiving however OFTEN after reading an email or deleting it and returning to the Gmail email folder all email has vanished.

Sometimes getting it to download again from pop server it will show up again. Can't do it on demand though.

Don't seem to find a pattern here, have tried it with two gmail accounts and both do the same. Tried other POP email accounts and so far no vanishing email.

It seems to be the PDA doing it. Just exiting or deleting an email will randomly cause all mail in in box to vanish.

Anyone else notice this?

FYI Tried Gmail keeping copy of emial and deleting it when accessed by POP.

Tried changing settings to its only email from now or all, same thing.
    ROM: version: 2.04.00 WWE
    ROM date: 01/26/05
    Radio version: HA01_147

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    This is a known issue with Gmail and pocket outlook. There are a couple of threads on this here already. Do a search on Gmail.

It happens when the ppc downloads new email. It will delete whatever email you already have downloaded. Every now and then one or two does not seem to delete but eventially it will disappear.

My solution is to make a sub-folder uder inbox called "Saved" and move any emails I want to keep either permanently or semi-permanently into that sub folder.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

Well that really stinks.

I've spent a few hours yesterday searching and reading threads on Gmail however most of what I found had to do with access problems rather then vanishing e-mail.

Will use that secret forum button "search"
    again.

Thank you
    ROM: version: 2.04.00 WWE
    ROM date: 01/26/05
    Radio version: HA01_147