+ Reply to Thread

activesync and my outlook are not friends?

Has anyone else has this problem:

I dont use wireless sync or any of that, i just have my XV6600 set to check my pop accounts and i have outlook set to not remove messages from the server for 10 days. It works great - but after the device has been in the cradle for a few minutes, outlook on my PC wont check my main email account, giving me the error that the account is currently in use.

I have three accounts that are both on my PPC and my PC - all running off the same mail server - but this only happens with the account that is the default on my PPC. It appears that the 6600 is keeping a constant connection with the mail server when its on the cradle. I did a hard reset a few days ago and nothing has changed.

Anybody have any suggestions? i'd really like to be able to work and charge my phone at the same time, and pulling it off the cradle every 5 minutes to get email becomes very tedious.

Thanks.

I have mine set the other way around, I set outlook download and delete, and set activesync to only sync the last 10days worth of outlook email, I have pop3 set to download whatever is on the server.

Works for me, if im on the road then I use pop3 to check for new messages, and use the outlook folder to view old messages.

You can set activesync to sync everything if you want, I have a few thousand emails, so I only choose the last 10days.

I pda on the crade over night and never get any errors

Will that do what you want ?

Check on your pocket pc in messaging. Look at the icons on the bottom. If you have a pop3 account active when you plug it into the cradle, the little icon of the ppc being held by the hand will be depressed. This means that the PPC is connected to the pop3 server and you will get that error. Just click the button and the PPC should disconnect.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I download everything on my wired connection, but have a secondary set-up to load to the PDA to another POP account. I do not remove mail that I want to keep from the PDA account and when I am wired back up download them to my main account. This is also active synced to the PDA. This works flawlessly. I can also remove mail from the server via the PDA account so I do not have to read it twice after mail I want to keep is downloaded.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

It was that little hand! i never even thought to notice it, or think what it was for.. i dont really understand why you would want to keep a conneciton held open to your mail server, but that doesnt matter because its fixed.

Thanks for the help!!