Closed Thread

Has anyone here tried Mobile Windows 5.0 (2005)(Magneto)

Just as the title says. Has anyone tried Magneto on their xv6600?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Duh. Been running great. Survives hard resets and everything. A little faster, but much cooler looking.

What's your question. As the "title" says???

E

Oh I should add... if you search the threads, it's all over. That's why I'm confused about what you want... your question seems so ... elementary.

Ehud

Sorry, but I missed this completely and I am very curious. Does this mean people are updating to the new OS generally without problems? Are there significant advantages? Can you just download and upgrade from the MS website? This seems great to stay ahead of the curve woth the 6600!!!

Fully Converged
    E is being sarcastic...There is no upgrade to WM2005 for the 6600. Read the faq's and use the search button and you'll find this to be the answer. E, havent checked your faq in a while but you might want to add that one to it. 2005 is not available for any blue angel/harrier variant and will not be available in the forseeable future. The i730 is supposed to be upgradeable to 2005 but given samsung's history with upgrades and the i700, there will likely be a new WM2005 device by then. So until then I'll take my 6600 with the larger screen and double the RAM
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

I was not being sarcastic in the least. That was an example on the use of irony, not sarcasm.

Ehud
    p.s. Not to mention the version numbers in my signature

Not at all sure what was particularly ironic or what the irony was expected to achieve.

Yes, I did do a search and was under the impression that the OS was not available and was not antcipated for the 6600. However, based on what E wrote, I thought I was missing something somewhere.

For example, if someone credible on a legitimate web site said, Osama was sited -- I would believe there was something out there that was breaking news and would follow it up with an inquiry (extreme example).

Ah, the irony is that Teknoraver, who started this thread, did not use search. You, Zylix, did, and therefore it's not ironic, it's just my tomfoolery.

It's a paradigm shift based on perceptual difference of source viewpoint.

E

Ironically I did do a search, and came up with threads mentioning about the release, but that's it. Nothing about people actually loading it onto their xv6600. I have the MW 5.0, but not the xv6600 yet, but wanna know if anyone has installed MW 5.0 on it, and if there have been any problems.

> I did do a search

Then surely you saw the posts when you did the search http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...der=descending ,
    especially the first one... which is part of the FAQ, right?

EHud

Fully Converged
    Originally posted by TeknoRaver
    Ironically I did do a search, and came up with threads mentioning about the release, but that's it. Nothing about people actually loading it onto their xv6600. I have the MW 5.0, but not the xv6600 yet, but wanna know if anyone has installed MW 5.0 on it, and if there have been any problems.
    After doing this search, and coming up with these threads, did you actually read them? Because if you did, then you would have come to the conclusion that it's not available for the 6600. Or did you just read the subject line and stop at that? Because by actually reading the threads, I cannot fathom how it is possible at all to miss it.
    Charles Mims

Let me get this straight, the life quest for some of the more active users is to completely eradicate questions which have been asked/answered in the past. By doing so we can reduce the amount of posts which a user has to go through to obtain information. Right.
    This will result in less clutter and a cleaner happier forum board for the PPC group

In the example of this thread the creator could have researched and found his answer – thus no new thread. However after his search he was still confused thus he created a tread.

The Tread could have been answered with 1 post .i.e. No Magneto on PPC6600. end of story. But no. it takes eight additional posts of belittling a user just so he can find the answer is . No.

Isn’t this a free forum? Can’t everyone play in this sandbox? Isn’t this a forum for questions?
    Last edited by g.711; 06-22-2005 at 05:36 PM.

By the way, I know it will be said “Hey my time is valuable, I had to take that time to research, write and post the answer. So you should respect My time search and read what I have written.!”

Although this is true to a point. Yes everyone should try to search. make the effort etc.

My point is that this board has become a “Bash anyone who has not read the complete unabridged postings of the founding fathers of the forum” . We post jokes about the sarcasm and rudeness we share with new users. When the purpose of a forum is for people to share experiences and ask questions
    Last edited by g.711; 06-22-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Belittle? How charming.

One would hope that in time others would read these threads and be encouraged to search first, read second, and ask third.

Thus can the knowledge base of all of us grow, and the noise to signal ratio be dropped.

The reason that Boards such as this survive is one of two things:
    1. Good management (either through mods, chiding users, or good ettiquette)
    2. Churn. Those who know end up frustrated at answering the same questions over again -- and leave. The semi-newbies become the experts. New newbies show up. Rinse. Repeat.

Or...
    3. Usenet. The noise to signal ratio goes so high that you can't pick out a needle of knowledge in a haystack of oft-repeated questions.

Then there's also the anti-search nazis. These are people who don't have anything to contribute, so they want to prevent Group 1 from above in successfully keeping the forum a good place.

They chide the chiders; they encourage the newbies. They encourage the noise and bite the hands that provide the signal.

I prefer to be in group 1 than in the last group.

To each their own.

Ehud

Answer a man's already answered question - satisfy him for only a thread.
    Teach a man to search a board - he'll teach himself to learn for a lifetime.

And as I read that search, I see the first post as told, and see that tells that the PPC will not COME with it. I'm asking if anyone has LOADED it themselves and been able to run it fine. You're all saying it's not going to come with it. Oh well, who cares. I care about if I can LOAD IT.

Okay....

Magneto is not available for the harrier. A PPC OS has to be configured for the device. No Magneto version has been configured for the harrier that any of us can find. I'm sure xda developers will find it first.

I doubt HTC will make an upgrade---the ROM/RAM isn't really set up for it.

Only versions floating that I can see is for the Blue Angel---GSM version, and a different device. But, feel free to try to blow out your 6600 with it if you like...

And if these names don't make sense to you, then you shouldn't be messing with it anyway. Oh boy, I'm starting to sound like Ehud. Must be time to go to bed...
    Last edited by mwfielder; 06-23-2005 at 12:36 AM.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Since Magneto is not available as an upgrade to the fine xv6600 this thread shall be closed !!!!!!!!! if and when the Magneto surfaces on this side of the waters we shall revive this thread.......
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !