+ Reply to Thread

vision.sprintpcs.com

I used to be able to check my minutes and invoice with this site using my treo 650. Unfortunately my 6600 has the same crappy site that my G1000 linked to. I can not get this thing to pull up vision.sprintpcs.com. I am also unable to use th full site sprintpcs.com with PIE. Is there any way to check my minutes with PIE on the 6600?

Re: vision.sprintpcs.com

Originally posted by p9142
    I used to be able to check my minutes and invoice with this site using my treo 650. Unfortunately my 6600 has the same crappy site that my G1000 linked to. I can not get this thing to pull up vision.sprintpcs.com. I am also unable to use th full site sprintpcs.com with PIE. Is there any way to check my minutes with PIE on the 6600?
    Call *4 - sheureka
    Last edited by sheureka; 06-22-2005 at 09:25 PM.

I know that is an option, but it is so much nicer to have a quick display instead of listening to Claire's slow speech.

So is the answer that there is no way to check your minutes on this phone using PIE? I find that hard to believe, but it might be the case.

Originally posted by p9142
    So is the answer that there is no way to check your minutes on this phone using PIE? I find that hard to believe, but it might be the case.
    I use Thunderhawk and it's pretty easy with that - but I just tried it on PIE, and it is kind of a mess. - sheureka

with PIE, no...

with netfront or another browser, yes
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

Thanks for the info guys. Its pretty lame that a sprint pda phone cant check its minutes using vision.

Does anyone have a clue why the T650 can access vision.sprintpcs.com but this phone can't?

It is all browser dependent. The Treo uses a different browser than PIE. That is why I said to download a new browser. The PDA can do it, the user just needs to add the right software.
    mmmmm.....Sprint Mogul....!

so you are visiting vision.sprintpcs.com from TH? I am not talking about the regular www.sprintpcs.com sight.

Converged... I think Evil Genius's Avatar
    accessing vision.sprintpcs.com (vision homepage) without a WAP browser will not work. Sprint has that blocked. They apparently only want access to that site through a phone not a computer. The 6600 is a computer. I am not sure if it would work or not if you loaded a wap browser on your ppc, probably not. The probelm is not the device.
    *4 or a different/updated html browser at sprintpcs.com is the best way to get your minutes.

If you have the PDF manual for the phone, there is a section in there (page 88 ) on accessing WAP sites (yeah, I always RTFM). It made no sense to me, so I emailed Sprint and asked them about it. I never got a response. I'd like for someone else to check it out and see if it makes any sense to them. - sheureka
    Last edited by sheureka; 06-24-2005 at 11:13 AM.
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.