+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2005
    Posts
    53

    VNC Viewer for WInvnc 4 server?

    Does anyone have a link to a VNC viewer for a PPC-6601 that wiill work with a WIndows-based WinVNC version 4 server?

  2. #2
    Verizon XV6600 xxplosive's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2004
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    180
    i could use one too

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-22-2003
    Posts
    449
    As far as I know, there is none. You need to set your VNC server to use v3 security.

  4. #4
    Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-07-2003
    Location
    Amesbury, MA (formerly LI, NY)
    Posts
    238
    I'm using version 4, but my "only use protocol version 3.3" is checked...is that why it's working?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-04-2005
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    26
    I accessed our VNC viewer version 4 today by connecting to our Citrix server via a Citrix ICA client on my XV6600. The VNC viewer was running on our Citrix server and I used it to take control of my desktop PC. Of course it gets cute when you have scroll bars for a window on your desktop and then have to scroll around on the XV6600 with the Citrix moveable window and also scroll bars on the XV6600. It is fun to keep track of which window is on what device.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-22-2003
    Posts
    449
    Originally posted by sputnik
    I'm using version 4, but my "only use protocol version 3.3" is checked...is that why it's working?
    Yes

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2005
    Posts
    53
    Originally posted by fixn278
    As far as I know, there is none. You need to set your VNC server to use v3 security.
    As a test, I sat in front of our Windows 2003 server running WInVNC 4 which is in 3.3 mode. The VNC viewer on the PDA jsut shuts down when I try to connect. No message and the program is cleared from memory.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-22-2003
    Posts
    449
    Originally posted by sbouton
    As a test, I sat in front of our Windows 2003 server running WInVNC 4 which is in 3.3 mode. The VNC viewer on the PDA jsut shuts down when I try to connect. No message and the program is cleared from memory.
    I use it all the time. It works fine.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2005
    Posts
    53
    Maybe I have a bad copy pc the PPC VNC viewer. I'll look for another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts