+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Somebody please help!!!!!!!!!!

I went to upgrade the software on Audiovox's site and when I started to go through the steps I clicked next and it shut down the power to my ppc. Now it wont come back up. I tried to hard reset it it and it does nothing. All it says on the screen is serial and it wont do anything else. Anyone have any ideas. I also took out the battery and put it back in......please help!!!!!!!

Administrator
    you must leave the battery out for atleast 30 hours to completely drain the internal capacitor in the phone. that would be your best bet.. if you messed up the ROM while it was flashing the phone then you may be in trouble...

Originally posted by Marctronixx
    you must leave the battery out for atleast 30 hours to completely drain the internal capacitor in the phone. that would be your best bet.. if you messed up the ROM while it was flashing the phone then you may be in trouble...
    DO you know if the sprint store can fix it or will they give me another one?

I've heard a hard reset + pressing the record button may do something.
    "My $500 phone does a million things while your $400 iPod does one." -Me justyfying the cost of my xv6600.

Originally posted by The_Brad
    I've heard a hard reset + pressing the record button may do something.
    Nothing happened......good thing I have insurance on this thing if the sprint store doesnt help me.....should I tell the store I was trying to update it or are we not suppose to do that stuff our selves like with there regular phones.
    Last edited by eric3316; 06-22-2005 at 09:12 PM.

Bricking your phone -- harder than it seems?

Maybe this thread will help.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Check page 3 of the FAQ. I just posted info on when a ROM upgrade goes wrong. You are in bootloader mode. You should be able to reboot your PC and restart the ROM load.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    Check page 3 of the FAQ. I just posted info on when a ROM upgrade goes wrong. You are in bootloader mode. You should be able to reboot your PC and restart the ROM load.
    I can not find your post. Can you please supply a link. Thanks.

Ok, found it. Pg. 6. But here is the thing. I will not be home till later to try it but since the phone has no software on it or anything, when I plug it in to the cradle is activesync going to work. Because last night, I didnt reboot my pc but when I kept trying to put the phone in the cradle hoping it will sync so I can continue, it didnt recognize anything. Is it suppose to recognize it even without software?
    Last edited by eric3316; 06-23-2005 at 07:22 AM.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Everything in the below quoted post is a bunch of crap.

Search for "bootloader". Your ROM flash can be redone with no issues.

Ehud

Actually, this part isn't crap

"if you messed up the ROM while it was flashing the phone then you may be in trouble..."

If you are flashing your ROM and really writing to it, and something goes wrong you may be in trouble. I haven't interrupted a PPC while the ROM was actually getting written. I have done it with other Flash ROMS and ended up with a very expensive tie tack. If you end up in bootloader and aren't writing anything then you are ok. If you yank out your PPC while the progress bar is actually going... Well I'll let someone else do that experiment.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

If you interrupt the flashing on the 6600 then in most cases you can restore to bootloader. You may end up with a brick, or you may not... (and that's why I put the warnings up front)...

E

Originally posted by Ehud
    If you interrupt the flashing on the 6600 then in most cases you can restore to bootloader. You may end up with a brick, or you may not... (and that's why I put the warnings up front)...

E
    It didnt even get that far. I clicked the first one to go to step one. Then it said checking settings and all of a sudden went dead. I am definetely stuck in the bootloader by the descriptions I have been reading. My question is, when I boot up my PC and attach the ppc will it still recognize it. Do I have to change any settings in activesync?

Activesync shouldn't be running. There's nothing intelligent for it to talk to.

The flashing program is what you want running. It can flash the ppc. If you are unable to have the flashing program see the ppc in the cradle, try a different usb port, no hub, or a different pc.

Ehud

Eric, by any chance did you make absolutely positively sure that your cradle had the A/C adapter plugged into the wall when you attempted to update the rom? Just having it plugged into the USB port on your computer will not suffice for a power source and it will just abort the installation process again.

After making sure your cradle is plugged into the wall, just cradle the phone and re-run the rom update software again, don't worry trying to establish an activesync connection prior, you should be fine.

Originally posted by Corn
    Eric, by any chance did you make absolutely positively sure that your cradle had the A/C adapter plugged into the wall when you attempted to update the rom? Just having it plugged into the USB port on your computer will not suffice for a power source and it will just abort the installation process again.

After making sure your cradle is plugged into the wall, just cradle the phone and re-run the rom update software again, don't worry trying to establish an activesync connection prior, you should be fine.
    Yes, the cradle was plugged in. It didnt abort the process, it just shut everything down and went to the bootloader screen. When I tried to rerun the app. it said it cant find the device and to make sure it was hooked up correctly. I didnt try to reboot my computer because I didnt think it had anything to do with it. Hopefully when I get home I will try it again and it will work. Otherwise off to the sprint store. Thanks for all the help by the way.

Administrator
    Originally posted by Ehud
    Everything in the below quoted post is a bunch of crap.

dont ever disrespect me like that. you dont know me well enough to speak on what i post.

control yourself son...

I don't need to know you well enough to speak on what you post.

I just need to know about THE TOPIC well enough.

Your posting was 100% incorrect. Wrong. Erroneous. Misleading. Stuff for urban legends.

Your response, instead of saying "my bad, sorry for posting rubbish" was to say I don't know you well enough. That's another failure to take responsibility for posting crap.

Control yourself, "son".

Ehud

Administrator
    this is the only response ill give to you SON..

whether i was correct or not , that gives you no right to disrespect ANYTHING i say. regardless, you are a hot head at times and we have let you slide on a alot of things since you have helped some people out but you will not disrespect me. show the same respect i have shown you. SON...

sorry to others for taking this off topic...

you sir may have the last word as im sure you will...

Well just a follow up...got home, booted up the PC.....it recognized my ppc as an added usb device and all went well from there....thanks for everything guys!!!!

this is the only response ill give to you SON..

whether i was correct or not , that gives you no right to disrespect ANYTHING i say. regardless, you are a hot head at times and we have let you slide on a alot of things since you have helped some people out but you will not disrespect me. show the same respect i have shown you. SON...

sorry to others for taking this off topic...

you sir may have the last word as im sure you will...
    Not only were you wrong, but you can't even be grown up enough to admit it. So you've now shown:

1) You won't admit when you're wrong
    2) You use your administrator status as a stick to beat people with when they point out you're wrong.
    3) Seems to me that you're even more guilty of what you're accusing Ehud of.

john
    John C. Welch Writer/Analyst
    Bynkii.com Mac and other opinions
    jwelch@bynkii.com