+ Reply to Thread

Any Arm Straps/Bands for 6600 for excercising?

I used to have a neat arm strap that I used when i went running on my old ipod. I could strap it to my biceps and use it to work out. However they do not fit the PPC 6600. Anyone have any experience with where to purchase one that would work? I tried target, Circuit City, best buy, didnt come up with anything. And I did do a search for this and came up empty on this forum. I dont think anyone ever brought this up which is suprising.

I have been very interested in something like that to. I have been doing some searching on line and have not found anything. been thinking that I am going to have to come up with something on my own. I have been thinking that I should just order one of the aluminum cases and take a Ipod armband and meld the 2 together.

What does "running", "work out" and "exercise" mean?.....
    Jeremiah 29:11

If you can get your hands on one of Sonys old armbands for the 'sport' MD players, you might be able to jury-rig something. It's wide enough fit, probably just have to take off the original velcro strap and add a longer one. Should hold it vertically.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

"What does "running", "work out" and "exercise" mean?"

mwfielder- those are technical (geek) terms for using one's ppc to its fullest.

Re: Any Arm Straps/Bands for 6600 for excercising?

Originally posted by mcq3000
    I could strap it to my biceps and use it to work out.
    No offense, but how many reps would you need to do with a 7 ounce PPC-6600 before you considered your bicep to have worked out?

Re: Re: Any Arm Straps/Bands for 6600 for excercising?

Originally posted by Kupe
    No offense, but how many reps would you need to do with a 7 ounce PPC-6600 before you considered your bicep to have worked out?
    he he, you are so silly

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    I've been using my XV6600 at the gym for a few months now. Here's what works for me, and what doesn't:

* Use a Sturdy Case: I've dropped mine a couple of times, luckily with no damage. I use the Innocase aluminum case when I'm in the Gym. It's true that the reception is poor with this case, but you're not going there to make phone calls, are you? (On that topic, point #2...)

* Vibrate/Mute/Flight Mode: Do everyone else a favor and turn down the sound, or turn off the phone.

* Pocket Excel is Your Friend: I've tried several dedicated workout programs, but I've never found one as easy to use as Pocket Excel. Set up a separate worksheet for each day, use the zoom controls, and learn how to navigate with the function lock key hit!

* Running is a Challenge: I spend a lot of time traveling, and a lot of my roadwork tends to be on the treadmill. This is great for holding your PPC, but the standard earbuds are terrible for running. The short one bounces out w/in 45 seconds of running. The long one will stay in for a while, but comes out as soon as you get a good sweat going. Check this thread for some ideas there: 6601 Stock Ear-buds / headset modification

* Know your Gym: I once walked away from my PPC (I left it at a station when I went to the next machine.) Someone tracked me down and brought it back. I was lucky.

* Be Safe: I like the armband idea, but wonder how practical it will be for freeweights, squats, etc. The last thing I'd want to worry about would be dropping my PPC in a situation where a loss of concentration could hurt me.

Happy lifting

working out

I am curious in workout programs, or what you have put together for excel. any feedback would be great

Interesting idea. I'd be scared to smash it in between some free weights, lol!
    "My $500 phone does a million things while your $400 iPod does one." -Me justyfying the cost of my xv6600.

Okay,

I've been using my Pocket PC in the gym for over two years now and here are my recommendations:

I would stay away from an arm band. Two reasons, this phone is rather large and strapping it to your arm is going to cause issues with it getting in the way, cutting off your circulation, and potentially bumping the screen into things. Finally, if it were to drop and the battery comes off, the hard reset issue we've all dealt before is sure ot piss you off.

As far as workout programs go I would absolutely recommend My Sport Training`(http://www.mysporttraining.com/). The program has two additonal optional programs that raise you to super geek when it comes to exercise and health tracking. You can create your workouts and then execute them in the gym relatively easy. For those of you with a
    Polar heart monitor you can download your data directly into your device if you have a watch with an IR transmitter. Finally you can enter your meals and see your caloric information. All of this data is sync'd to your desktop with the desktop version of the program. Quite frankly it is the best program on the market made for folkd serious about capturing and entering exercise data. They are not paying me anyhting either, I've tried them all this is the best.

As far as cases go I use a leather case with a built on clip. I clip it to my shorts and and slide the unit in. The case I have has a velcro closure that allows easy removal and entry for when I'm entering my workout data yet keeps the unit in the case if I'm doing hanging leg raises and end up halyway inverted. There are a lot of similar cases on the market. I haven't had a problem with this setup either doing long training runs or with speed intervals. Works great.

Hope this helps.

I am getting a leather case with a clip, the krussel dynamic case to be exact. How on earth do you clip this to basketball shorts or a gymn suit? It seems like it would fall out really easily. DO you clip it to the elastic waistband of your track suit/basketball shorts or what? Cuz I just tried it and it doesnt seem every secure at all, I think on the step machines it would fall all over the place.

I just looked at the Krussell site and my clip is not like those. it is just a cllip that is part of the case. It can't come off or anything like that. Unfortunately I don't have it with me right now so I'm forgetting who makes it. Mine stays on fine. I wear a jock strap and I clip it to both my shorts and the strap and it works fine for me. I do sometimes just clip it to my shorts though and I don;'t have a problem just working out. I think the case is by a company cllaed nut or somehitng like that I can tell you on Tuesday when I'm back home.

I currently have the proporta leather case which is great taken at least 25 falls no damage and I do take it to the gym. Running iwht it though is another issue think it is just best left at home while running. I might be getting the proporta cases at a really good price to in the near future if anyone is interested check my website in a few weeks.

later
    CC
    Check out <a href="http://www.MyXV6600.com" class="normal" target="_blank">MyXV6600.com</a> the only site dedicated to the 6600 series of phones.