Closed Thread

alarm clock questions

1. Is there a way to set the default for the snooze on the alarm.... For example to 10 min?
    2. Recently I have noticed that even though I have not hot snooze....but disabled the alarm....it starts going off again for no reason...
    3. I wish the buttons were larger.... Is there any type of registry setting?
    4. Is there a better alarm application that others are using?
    HTC Mogul, ROM 3.35.651.2, RADIO 3.35.04 Protocol DCAAXAM-4350H, PRL 60610, HW 0003
    (former PPC6600 user; 2005-12/2007)

bump
    HTC Mogul, ROM 3.35.651.2, RADIO 3.35.04 Protocol DCAAXAM-4350H, PRL 60610, HW 0003

Search Pocket Gear for "alarms"
    Jeremiah 29:11

Does anyone know how to install a LOUDER alarm on the alarm clock?

spb time

best alarm clock/stop watch/countdown timer ever

I use it to wake me up everymorning, never fails and has a snooze option even

Hi Q, you asked your ques. six days ago. I hope by now you have a solution.

To add an answer to your Ques.4 for other aps --

I use zzzMachine and it has the very large buttons you want. The two Alarm and Snooze buttons together take up almost half the screen. You can web search the name and find features and screenshots.

hmmmm
    must of had a email notification problem on my end....

regardless.
    mwfielder thank you so much for that advanced answer...

everyone else thanks for your response.
    I am kinda pissed but I ended buying SPB Time.... I find that it has several faults....
    1) it wakes up the phone sucessfully, but IF another application happens to interrupt it (for example if email gets polled, it will basically bypass the alarm)
    2) you cannot use the ppc buttons to switch between sleep / snooze
    3) the alarm does not play in a loop.... if you happen to not hear it you are done for.

I ended up TRYING , then buying Chronos ... it is nice in that it will:
    a) successfully wake up the phone without interference from email polls (at least in my testing)
    b) there is the possibility to play as many loops of the sound as possible...thus you dont have to worry about missing the alarm.
    c) you can also have vibe, ring, or both
    d) the alarm can OVERRIDE the system setting for audio volume (this is what killed me with CLOCKS & ALARMS)
    e) the alarm can be set for a soft volume then incrementing up to a maximum....(nice to prevent hear attacks)

one of the problems (which is minor in my opinion) is that you cannot select between snooze / disable with the phone buttons.

I hope that this helps someone else out...

take notes ....mwfielder....on how to take the time to answer a question....else why dont you just not respond! looser.

everyone else thanks for your time
    qu1nn

Originally posted by qu1nn
    take notes ....mwfielder....on how to take the time to answer a question....else why dont you just not respond! looser.

everyone else thanks for your time
    qu1nn
    If you'll note my original response, in a consise way I have directed you that the stock alarm program is not going to be sufficient for you. There are tons of alarm programs out there, so picking the run that has the right appearance, functions, etc... is the right choice for you to do. You don't have a lot of posts, so I have no idea if you know there are other programs, that you can install programs, or that a Pocket Gear exists.

looser. Do you mean loser? I think that if you spend any time here, you'll notice that I spend a lot of time here trying to help others. I think several will back me up on that. I only have about 2800 posts or so.

In rereading my advice, I think it is valid. If you were offended by advice to search, well, I am sorry. Sometimes you do have to look around a little for the answer to your problems...
    Jeremiah 29:11

qu1nn: Your review of Chronos is very compelling. Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is a product that has all these deeply practical features (e.g., loop alarm, alarm that is not pre-empted by another app, diff ring tones, escalating volume levels, etc.) and has some of the advanced features like world times, sunrise/sunset, etc.

This does not seem to be rocket science software engineering -- some company must have combined advanced functionality with practicality!

zylix

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Mwfielder knows what he's talking about and is easily among the top helpful people here.

He's not a looser[sic] or even a loser, and his advice was good and is good.

That's ok, though, the world owes you, and Mwfielder didn't make a dent in that debt. Move along now.

E

SPB time does loop alarms - I know that from personal experience. I think it's great for the jobs I use it for.

Fof an alarm clock, though, I use PocketMusic. I can't snooze it, but otherwise it works great
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

mwfielder:

where are the reviews? I did do some searches.... yeah, I can easily find lots of alarm applications that you can purchase, and even some for free. As you are such an advanced user you should know that not all software apps work the same on different pieces of hardware... I hate getting screwed when I spend money on an application that doesnt work as expected!
    Case in point ...SPB time

.....That is why I posted the specific question to this specific forum.

As far as the number of posts. Who cares, especially if they are "do a search"

-----------------
    ehud:
    the advise from mwfielder was basically useless. he partially only answered question 4 of my orig post.

" the world owes you "
    ....what a bunch of crap

Ehud, what is the point of forums?
    -----------------

that being said
    I am done with the flaming.
    Sorry mwfielder and ehud, but I had to vent.

-------------

Another problem that I have noticed with chronos V2.1:

When password lock is enabled the application behaves intermittently with its ability to have a pop up window display the Cancel/Snooze selection.

qu1nn

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    You're useless.

"I had to vent"

No, you had to READ and SHUT UP.

Ehud

MW has been an excellent source of help for members in this site and for someone to call this person a loser has to do more "re-search" before shooting off...........MW is NO loser for your info Sir...........
    Ehud has also been an excellent member here to support all members in need. So he does have a warped sense of humor, so what........he does make light of all instances just to keep us all smiling when the going gets rough.........who doesn't.........he still helps members.......I have a warped sense of humor at times and at times I get frustrated as NOBODY takes time to do a search as it always turns out those questions have been answered before and the "fix" has been found.....
    jeez, people, we are all volunteers here helping each other out and some expect service here like as if they have a paid subscription for "tech-support"............
    we do the best we can to help and we do this out of love for this device and this Site.
    This thread is closed.
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !