+ Reply to Thread

Question Recommended alarm/repeat alert software fo PPC 6600?

Hello,

I have Sprint PPS 6600. I am searching for 3rd part software to have continous audible alerts for missed calls , SMS, voicemail, etc.

I have read reviews and forums of a few ( phonealarm , power level III , super alert). They all seem to have their share of bugs/problems. Is there one that seems to work without alot of hastle.

I have noticed that the different softwares have different levels of functions/features ( in addition to the continous alerts).

If there is a software that is somewhat limited only controls the alarms & alerts, but seems to be more reliable , I would be very interested in that type.

the extra features would be nice but not at the expense of errors ( for me anyway).

thanks for any assistance,

Robbo

Try the search and you will find the answer very quickly........ I gurantee it.
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Question Looking for Message alert software for ppc 6600

thanks for the reply. I appreciate the teach to fishF(feed for life) vs. the feed me a fish (feed for a day) approach. I have searched and everything I read is pretty negative from the standpoint of fixing this and how do I fix that. I just want to know if anyone out there is using a software that has been pleased.

thanks again,

Robbo

search for phone alarm....... or just look on the first page where it says the phone alarm thread........
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Since you asked what pleased me, I used on previous Axim 5 and on current PPC 6600 a s/w called ZZZMachine. Has clock, alarms, repeats that you may find useful.

Sorry that I do not have my device in front of me for a link. Nor do I know about a trial version.

When I say pleased, I mean as well that the writer answered promptly the several query emails I sent during early days of using his non-intuitive program. It has a beautiful serene blue design.

I recall I did have to pay for upgrade (but a low price).

Good luck.

If he had searched he would not have turned up ZZZMachine. I'm looking for the same thing, repeatable Alarms, but NOT PhoneAlarm. That program has way too much crap in it.

ZZZMachine does not have a free trial - and I don't buy anything that doesn't let me try it out first. It also hasn't been upgraded for a couple of years. I just downloaded a trial of PocketClock from Pocketgear.com. It has excellent reviews. I'll let you know what I think. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

thanks guys,

I feel like the troops are rallying around me. Sheureka, I appreciate your input. I read the info. on PocketClock. It appears to be a good product but i don't think it is for missed call, voice mail types of alarms. Here is a list of possible softwares. If anyone has any comments, experience with please chime in.

SuperAlert 2003PE ( PocketGear)

PhotoContacts

Alarm Today

NoteAlert

PowerLevel III ( by scarybear software)

Again, if there is something basic that is more reliable , let our people know-Robbo

Superalert is a fine program from a fine developer. Has quite a few options for alarms, and I think the final version works well on the device.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by robbo View Post
    Hello,

I have Sprint PPS 6600. I am searching for 3rd part software to have continous audible alerts for missed calls , SMS, voicemail, etc.

I have read reviews and forums of a few ( phonealarm , power level III , super alert). They all seem to have their share of bugs/problems. Is there one that seems to work without alot of hastle.

I have noticed that the different softwares have different levels of functions/features ( in addition to the continous alerts).

If there is a software that is somewhat limited only controls the alarms & alerts, but seems to be more reliable , I would be very interested in that type.

the extra features would be nice but not at the expense of errors ( for me anyway).

Robbo
    Try the solution described in this Blog. The registry hacks described worked for me and saved me money from having to buy additional software:

How to repeat WM5 voice mail notifications

Quote Originally Posted by robbo View Post
    Hello,

Robbo
    Try the solution described in this Blog. The registry hacks described worked for me and saved me money from having to buy additional software:

How to repeat WM5 voice mail notifications

I've been using Phone Alarm for about 2 years now. Great Program! Only thing that I don't like about it is that it alarms me of missed calls that I purposely ignored by hitting the end call, so then I have to open by phone case, turn the phone on, and "ok" the missed call alarm. That is my only gripe with it. Other than that, it is wonderful & reliable. It has profiles that can be scheduled, so in the morning my phone & pda volume is loud, but at night, my phone volume is soft. Also, if I turn off my phone and forget to turn it on, in the morning it will automatically turn it back on. It exports all the settings, so If I reset the device, I can easily import the settings back.

Great Software & I highly recommend!