+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Outlook Multiple Contact lists

Hi all, I just picked up my 6600 and I love it so far, although Im having trouble with one aspect of getting my contacts into the PDA.

Here is the issue.

I Like to have sub-contact lists tree'ed under the main list called "contacts".
    The others are called "friends", "Family" etc etc...

The PDA syncs the contacts in the "contacts" folder but i can't seem to figure out how to get the other groups added to the list.

If I drag and drop a contact from one of these other groups into the main contacts folder, it goes over no problem, and disappears if I move it back.

The only thing that seems to work in order for me to be able to separate various groups is to catagorize them all, as the PDA has a catagory search criteria.

is this my only option ?? or can i add the other lists to the sync ?

I find it much easier when I can see each of the groups right in their own folders.

Sorry for the long message.

I would greatly appreeciate a few opinions and direction for you seasoned user of this PDA.

thanks

AJ Turk
    Toronto

Unfortunately you cannot sync multiple folders by default. There are third party apps. Below is the link and an excerpt. The actual paragraph in the link has links to the software. (How many times can you use link in a sentence? Link linked the links together and made a tri-force.)

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/active...enterprise.htm

"Synchronizing Multiple Calendar or Contact Folders

By default, ActiveSync does not support synchronization of multiple calendar or contact folders. However you can synchronize them using 3rd party utilities including Pocket On Schedule and read only synchronization using Pocket Lookout. If you are using Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 then you can use Microsoft’s Pocket Contacts Synchronizer."
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

ok thanks

ok Thanks for you input on the matter.

I guess Ill just lump them all into the same contacts folder and then apply the catagory.

I thought this would be the only answer, but it never hurts to ask.

thanks again

Andrew