+ Reply to Thread

Another newbiw question - Activesync not syncing 2 files

When AS runs, it constantly reports "2 items not synchronized" next to Files. I've looked all over my sync folder on my desktop and the 6600 itself and can't figure out what 2 files aren't syncing and why.

Usually this corrects itself after a couple of syncs...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Administrator
    what do you have your conflict setting set to? i had this on my hitachi and it usually were links in my favorites folder that were not syncing up to the actual websites.. i just deleted them and restored them back and that solved that.. which version of AS are you running btw?

Club Pocket PC Louisville JohnBecker's Avatar
    Here is how to fix that sync issue with synchronized files.

1. Before you dock the device, go to your My Document Pocket PC folder and make a copy of the entire directory (so you don't lose anything). Just right click it and go to copy. Then past a copy in the My documents folder. You should get a folder called Pocket_PC My Documents (2) folder. It will be your backup.
    2. Soft reset the Pocket PC before docking (to make sure all files are closed)
    3. Dock the unit.
    4. After it's sync'd, go to your original My Document Pocket PC folder on the PC and delete EVERYTHING inside it.
    5. Wait for the Pocket PC to catch up and delete those files as well. You might want to check on the Pocket PC to make sure it's empty. Remember, you will see NOTES and other things listed, but the files should be gone.
    6. Once that is done, copy a few files at a time from your back up folder back to the original folder you just emptied. I would copy the directories first and wait for it to catch up.
    7. Don't continue until it has copied all of the files from the PC to the Pocket PC.
    8. After you've copied them all, it should have synchronized all of the files.
    NOTE: Large DOC files may not sync properly. Files that can't be converted my also not sync. By copying a few files at a time, it can help you find which files are not being copied.

I hope this helps. I've had to do it before myself. You should be using AS 3.8 by now. If not, update it to the newest version first.

Thanks! I'll give it a whirl. Yes, I did already upgrade to 3.8.

Originally posted by JohnBecker
    Here is how to fix that sync issue with synchronized files.

1. Before you dock the device, go to your My Document Pocket PC folder and make a copy of the entire directory (so you don't lose anything). Just right click it and go to copy. Then past a copy in the My documents folder. You should get a folder called Pocket_PC My Documents (2) folder. It will be your backup.
    2. Soft reset the Pocket PC before docking (to make sure all files are closed)
    3. Dock the unit.
    4. After it's sync'd, go to your original My Document Pocket PC folder on the PC and delete EVERYTHING inside it.
    5. Wait for the Pocket PC to catch up and delete those files as well. You might want to check on the Pocket PC to make sure it's empty. Remember, you will see NOTES and other things listed, but the files should be gone.
    6. Once that is done, copy a few files at a time from your back up folder back to the original folder you just emptied. I would copy the directories first and wait for it to catch up.
    7. Don't continue until it has copied all of the files from the PC to the Pocket PC.
    8. After you've copied them all, it should have synchronized all of the files.
    NOTE: Large DOC files may not sync properly. Files that can't be converted my also not sync. By copying a few files at a time, it can help you find which files are not being copied.

I hope this helps. I've had to do it before myself. You should be using AS 3.8 by now. If not, update it to the newest version first.