+ Reply to Thread

Possible Fix for Email on PPC6600 (Sprint)

There are several threads with the problems users are having setting up their ISP mail in Messaging. I think I may have figured out why it works so easily for me, and everyone else seems to be having problems.

I think you have to go into your account at sprintpcs.com, go to My Online Tools, and then PCS Mail. Click on Settings and Preferences and then the Setup tab. Finally, you need to go External Email Source and add the information for up to five external email addresses.

I had forgotten all about the external mail, because I've been using various Sprint phones to check my email for several years and just forgot that it was set up that way.

Will somebody who is having problems go set it up this way, and see if it makes a difference? - sheureka

What is the problem that people are having on their Sprint phone? is it chekcing the Vision Sprint email?
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

Originally posted by gameboy213
    What is the problem that people are having on their Sprint phone? is it chekcing the Vision Sprint email?
    The problem was not with picking up sprintpcs mail - it was picking up pop3 mail from an ISP. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

My problem picking up POP3 email is that M$ broke the ability of the PPC to download/upload email to/from frontiernet.net when they "upgraded" from PPC2000 to PPC2002. I had hoped they would fix the authentication problem when they upgradedd to 2003, but they didn't. So I have to use the POS Webis Mail to get email.
    The big thing I miss from my I330/I500 days is the ability to use SnapperMail.
    It's not Sprint, as I had the same problem using T-mobile
    Mick