+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy V.3 Lion Battery Problem?

I just bought my vx6600 (verizon) this week, so I am a newby learning all about my cool new toy....

I also bought the Lion-supplied Mugen 3550mAh battery and received it yesterday. I have been trying to charge it (attached to my 6600, in the cradle) since yesterday, and am having problems....

Any time I physically have removed the battery, and replaced it, I see a soft reset. I expected that based on the info I read in the forum. The unit powers up, the yellow charging light (upper right) comes on...and then after about 15-30 seconds (it varies in time) the unit does a soft reset again.

If I turn the unit off (power button) before the soft reset occurs, the yellow charging light just goes blank after the 30 seconds.

I have been struggling with this since yesterday. The phone/battery have been in the cradle for more than 18 hours and doesn't seem to be charging.

I have re-checked that the battery is seated well. I have not tried charging with my car charger or out of the cradle yet.

Does this sound like a bad battery? Or am I doing something wrong?

Dan
    Last edited by dhyte; 06-25-2005 at 10:54 PM.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I beta-tested that unit.

If you have it on, and you have it in the cradle, and after powering up... it soft resets on its own, there is a problem.

If you can put the OEM battery on and see if the problem is still there, that would narrow it down to the battery. I am actually thinking it's a problem with your phone -- not the battery.

I can't think of any other tests to ask you to run -- you've done everything by the book, even the [worthless] 18 hour charge.

So, in minutae:
    1. Put the OEM battery on. Expect a soft reset.
    2. Let it sit in the cradle. (no light)
    3. Power it on. (eventually yellow charging light)
    4. Let it sit a couple of minutes. Hopefully no reset. If reset, your phone needs replacement.
    5. Put the 3550 mAh battery on.
    6. Cradle (no light)
    7. Power on (eventually yellow light)
    8. What happens then?

Ehud

1-4 ) With the OEM battery in the phone, the inital soft reset occurs, I power it on, get the yellow light and eventually charges completely with no further resets.
    5-8 ) Do the same with the 3550 battery, continuously causes a soft reset of the phone within 15-30 seconds each time. The battery is seated nicely and seems to be in the correct position on the phone.

When I am able to look at the power setting of the 3550 battery during the 15-30 seconds, it indicates that it is about 40% charged.

I think I got a bad battery....the bummer is that I am leaving for a trip on Monday morning and really wanted to have the extra juice with me....
    XV6600 ROM: 1.32.00 WWE, Radio: HA01_140, ExtROM: 1.32.115 WWE, PRL 50350, 3500mAh battery, Krussell Horizontic case

Wow... your tests do in fact point to a bad battery. My SWAG would be there's a cell in there that gets warm from charging and fails, causing a disconnect. The phone resets. It resumes charging. Rinse. Repeat.

MEF is good about returns... I would email LiOn or pm him about RMAs.

Ehud
    p.s. Yes, life is much better with a bigger battery. I'm waiting for my 2400 to come back V.3'ized.

Originally posted by Ehud

p.s. Yes, life is much better with a bigger battery. I'm waiting for my 2400 to come back V.3'ized.
    You will love it Ehud...... my V3 is soooo much better than my V2. No resets and even longer battery life! NICE!
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

With the V3 of the 3550 battery, I cant seem to find anything on its actual size. Is the battery anylarger than the one provided with the phone ??? if so, how much bigger ???

Also, is Lion battery the only place to get em ? or can i go into a store in the USA (ill be in Boston next week on business) and pick one up. I hate paying for shipping !

thanks guys!

Andrew

Follow-up note to the battery problem:

I contacted Lion Battery - spoke to Mark. They quickly decided I had a defective battery and were kind enough to overnight a replacement to me (at no cost to me). The new battery works excellent and I am a happy customer.

I have to say I was really happy with Lion Battery's service! Thanks Mark!

On a side note, I am using the Krussell Horizontic case for my xv6600. It is a tight fit but is the best option I have found so far (for carrying in a horizontal belt case) for the larger footprint of the xv6600 with the 3500 battery. I'll provide an image if anyone is interested.

Dan
    XV6600 ROM: 1.32.00 WWE, Radio: HA01_140, ExtROM: 1.32.115 WWE, PRL 50350, 3500mAh battery, Krussell Horizontic case

Converged
    dhyte

Could you please supply a picture?

I am in the process of investigating cases for mine after having cracked my screen due to carrying it in the wrong place. Still waiting for the insurance people to get back to me, but want to check out cases.

I too have the 3550 battery (which is fantastic) and am interested in this aspect of fitting it into a case.

Thanks
    Larry Aubin
    Verizon XV6600 WC
    ExtROM 1.36.116 WWE, ROM 1.36.00 WWE, Radio HA01_151, Extended 3550 Battery, iTrek BT GPS

Originally posted by ajturk
    With the V3 of the 3550 battery, I cant seem to find anything on its actual size. Is the battery anylarger than the one provided with the phone ??? if so, how much bigger ???

Also, is Lion battery the only place to get em ? or can i go into a store in the USA (ill be in Boston next week on business) and pick one up. I hate paying for shipping !

thanks guys!

Andrew

The battery is MUCH larger than the OEM Battery. Check this out:
    http://etxquc.simplyonline.com/itemd...40983&item=331

I have the 2400 mAh. I like the size better, and it lasts all day for me.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I have the v.3 2400mAh battery.

It says v.3 on it.

It is tight against the case.

I've taken it off and put it on without experiencing a hard reset (and I did experience those before with v.1).

It charges fine in the cradle, on USB, and from the lumineferous ether.

It works all day and sleeps at night and gives me the ability to go 2 days without a charge.

It fits my Krusell case just fine... which is why I really love it.

Ehud

Cases for the 3550mAh battery

I'm using a Piel Frama case for my 2400mAh battery and I can say that the 3550 would NOT fit in this case. I also have the ProClip installed in my car and it fits nicely with the 3550mAh battery. Love to get a list together of cases where the 3550mAh battery works. If you have a successful case option, let us know. Many have asked.

Mark
    Come and visit our web store at www.lionbattery.com

I use a Krusell with my 2400 and it's perfect. The 3550 didn't fit it nor did it fit the aluminum case I have...

E

Verged on converged
    Where can I get some of that lumineferous ether? I don't see it on the boxwave site!
    Kyo6035 => Kyo7135 => XV6000 => Mogul

Re: Cases for the 3550mAh battery

I'm using the Piel Frama with the 3550, snug but it works!

Originally posted by mef38
    I'm using a Piel Frama case for my 2400mAh battery and I can say that the 3550 would NOT fit in this case. I also have the ProClip installed in my car and it fits nicely with the 3550mAh battery. Love to get a list together of cases where the 3550mAh battery works. If you have a successful case option, let us know. Many have asked.

Mark
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

The 2400 V3 battery is great. I have used it for about 6 week No hard resets. Last all day my cell phone is my primary phone and I use internet sevice unlimited also. Strong recommendation to buy.

It only hurts at first... Jeremy McCreary's Avatar
    FWIW, another happy Mugen v.3 2400 mAh user w/ an xv6600wc. Lasts me all day w/ generous bluetooth headset usage, lots of phoning, moderate mp3 playing and many of the power-saving tricks learned on this forum in place:

o turn unit off whenever possible
    o button lock, to keep from turning unit on inadvertently when handling
    o bluetooth off whenever possible
    o backlight 2-3 clicks above dimmest setting
    o IR beam detection off

Battery fits snugly in phone. No resets here.
    xv6600 (verizon) | still a great PDA even with a dead radio (in hardware) | sure hope the xv6800 fairy comes soon...

This forum just costed me another 80 bones, I just received my v3 2400 battery today. I am looking forward to detaching my XV6600 from the craddle.

Sorry to bring up this old topic again, but I just got my 3550 battery, and need a case that can accomodate the PPC-6600 and this battery. Anyone know what case might work for me.

The Cartman of Convergence
    Originally posted by G1000user
    Sorry to bring up this old topic again, but I just got my 3550 battery, and need a case that can accomodate the PPC-6600 and this battery. Anyone know what case might work for me.
    Wrong thread. Try this one: Lion 3550 and compatible cases

I just purchased this for $60 from Ebay as the Li-on battery website had it for like $125.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4722%26fvi%3D1

BRAND NEW 3550 mAh O2 XDA2s, i-mate PDA2K, AUDIOVOX XV-6600, SPRINT PPC-6600, SPRINT PPC-6601, SIEMENS SX66, T-MOBILE MDA III, QTEK 9090, SPV M2000, HTC BLUE ANGEL, ETC. SERIES EXTENDED CAPACITY BATTERY by Mugen Power

INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION IS:

* One brand new HLI-XDA2SXL (v.3) 3.7v, 3550mAh replacement battery that fits O2, T-Mobile, QTEK, Siemens, SPV, Sprint series PDA/Phones made by HTC
    * This is a brand new item and not refurbished or gray market.

FEATURES:

Li-ION technology (No memory effect)
    Guaranteed 100% compatible with O2 XDA IIs, i-mate PDA2K, Audiovox VX-6600, Sprint PPC-6600 & PPC-6601, Siemens SX-66, T-Mobile MDA III, QTEK 9090, SPV M2000, HTC Blue Angel (or compatible) PDA/Phones
    * Manufactured by Mugen Power which means Quality!
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png