+ Reply to Thread
    KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar

USB Port failure?

I have a new 6601, as of Friday - I got it basically set up and syncing, and then, outta the blue, it stopped being recognized by the USB. I soft-reset, no better, I pulled the battery and put it right back in, go better (though it did inconveniently do a hard reset), I've re-installed Active-sync on my laptop, first retaining the sync folder, then not, I've got the device basically set back up, after the hard reset and syncing with Exchange, browsing, all that, but the laptop still won't see the device. Both USB ports work with my mouse, I've got a 2nd sync cable, from Boxwave, that also doesn't work.

With either USB cable, my home PC also doesn't recognize the PPC as 'added hardware', like it does with my Samsung Palm phone. I think the USB port might be dead on the PPC. I had downloaded and added WMODEM to the PPC and I see that after a hard reset I have WMODEM in my programs list. Is it included on this phone?

Hmmmmmmm
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD

Wmodem after hard reset

Does anyone know if the Sprint version of the 6601 should be installing Wmodem after a hard reset? I moved it over from my PC, and unsuccessfully tried to use it, thru my cradle. That was just before my PDA stopped being USB connectable. Doing a hard reset re-installs Wmodem. I didn't expect that.

Another observation - even with both the main and backup batteries charged to 60% +, pulling the main battery out causes a hard reset always, unless I have a power cord (cradle) hooked up. That isn't right, is it? I've been roaming thru these threads for hours and have not yet seen the definitive "here's how it should work" thread.

thanks

Backup seems to need to be at 100% not to hard reset
    Jeremiah 29:11

OK thanks - Do you know (or know where I find out) if Wmodem is part of the SprintPCS installation suite of programs? It keeps coming back, and I had decucted, from reading several threads, that it was a required 3rd party addon for modem use.

Originally posted by mb5451
    OK thanks - Do you know (or know where I find out) if Wmodem is part of the SprintPCS installation suite of programs? It keeps coming back, and I had decucted, from reading several threads, that it was a required 3rd party addon for modem use.
    It comes with the Sprint package - and the CD that comes with your phone has the drivers to install to your desktop (with really complete instructions). - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Unhappy

Well that's good to hear. I was wondering what was going on. My phone is a corp-provided phone, with no CD provided. On the other hand minutes are company-paid. They're ordering me a new phone, since the USB connectivity stopped working on mine. We can't find anything else to try tweaking to get it to work.