+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itech r35

Euphorically Confused

Itech r35

Has anyone been keeping tabs on the iTech r35? I checked the website (http://www.itechdynamic.com/html/products.htm#) and it is no longer listed. There is an s35 that looks similar to what I remember the r35 being.

I know that a few people had been in contact with iTech and I wanted to check and see if anyone had received any updates.

No I think they just haven't released it yet. I haven't been keeping up with it much lately (too busy) but from what I remember, the R35 has never been listed on the Products page. It was featured in a press release of their new products, which I think I still have the link for:

http://www.itechdynamic.com/new/press/press_en.htm#10

The S35 is on that list also, and it seems that it has made it to market (or is at least closer than the other models). It's basically the normal Clip S that we've been talking about, with the ability to plug in your own headphones/speakers. That's a step in the right direction, but the R35 adds AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) which allows you to connect by pressing a button, as well as lets you play/pause and fwd/rev the audio. After using that functionality on the HP Headphones, I won't go back to a device that doesn't have AVRCP.

I guess we'll have to keep waiting.

Dan

Euphorically Confused
    That is what I thought about the difference between the "r" and "s".

I am almost positive that the r35 was listed on the products page because it showed a picture (I think it was white) and listed the specs.

(Edit) After visiting the link above, I am 99% sure that that same picture and spec list was listed on the products page and it said "New" just like some of the other products say now.

I shot them an email so I will update if I get a response.
    Last edited by colonel; 06-27-2005 at 10:20 PM.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Good luck on the email. I sent them one a few weeks ago, but never received a response. I did see them on a Danish website, but don't read Danish, so couldn't figure out how to place an order. Distribution seems to be spotty, and support non-existent.
    Mick