+ Reply to Thread

MMS + 6600 solved

ok, so i was on the phone and in a store with Verizon for 9 hours today because my MMS wasnt working on my phone. well, i came home today and noticed something. In the Connections area (tap the antena icon next to the speaker), go to settings. in Settings, go to add new modem connection under Verizon Wireless. follow instructions, (phone number to connect for me was #777, username is ur 10 digit phone number followed by "@vzw3g.com" and password is "vzw". hit finish. go to connections settings again, hit "Manage existing connections", hold the stylus on the name for a few seconds and a drop down menu with "Delete" and "Connect" pops up. hit connect. you should be all set. hopefully a Verizon tech support member reads this and figures out to tell people to make sure the connection was under Verizon Wireless and not My ISP.
    UTStarcom/Audiovox XV6600 w/ Camera

xv6600 MMS

Greetings:

I've searched all over the internet, and have searched here. Currently the search function will not operate....

Can anyone send Video MMS on their XV6600? How do you do it? My option to send video through MMS is greyed out.

Much appreciate all the advise here! This forum is a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks,

Dave

Yep...

Did that too M2Graphics...

Thanks! MMS is still greyed out, even when connected to the internet with the directions posted above.

Anyone else?

Thanks again,

Dave

Can Verizon users actually send picture mail? On the Sprint PPC6600's the picturemail application always freezes when trying to send picturemail.
    iPhone 3GS !!

I send pics all the time. However the xv6600 doesn't support sending video mms. You can only email video.

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    Can Verizon users actually send picture mail? On the Sprint PPC6600's the picturemail application always freezes when trying to send picturemail.
    I can send picture mail if I disable voice command, but I can still only email videos - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I keep reading about disabling voice command as being the solution to the freezing of picturemail, but I do not even have VC installed and still get picturemail to freeze!
    iPhone 3GS !!

I have VC installed, everything works fine. well. its never 100% but for the most part.

Originally posted by robplatt
    I have VC installed, everything works fine. well. its never 100% but for the most part.
    I think the problem is with Sprint's PictureMail, not with Verizon. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Well...
    This phone sure has taken alot of my time... Seems there is quite the learning curve to every function.

Anyhow: I have scoured the internet, no answers. Only ads that claim Verizons xv6600 supports MMS. There is even an option in the menus to send video via MSS. Only that on my phone the option is greyed out...

All my past cell phones had these features (last phone was LGVX7000, awesome phone). Oh well, you all know the story.

Is there anyone at Verizon that actually knows this phone? I have
    spent WAY too much time with customer service talking to techs that know way less than I do...

Thanks,

Dave

Bump...

Thought I would try again...

I set the mode on the video cam to H.263, small resolution and limit file size to 95KB...

Option is still greyed out.

Anybody?

Thanks,

Dave

Bump again...

Can Anyone send MMS on their xv6600?

What do you have to do?

Thanks,

Dave

Originally posted by SpineDoc
    I keep reading about disabling voice command as being the solution to the freezing of picturemail, but I do not even have VC installed and still get picturemail to freeze!
    SpineDoc, The issue is not Voice Command specifically, but rather available virtual memory. Voice Command uses 2.25 MB of virtual memory. Anything else that uses a comperable amount of VM will probably have the exact same effect with regards to picturemail. I don't know how much VM picturemail uses, but I imagine it is a hefty amount.

Interesting... I know I have had problems with several programs not being loaded due to lack of memory for DLL's, so I wonder if the 6600 has issues with how it handles memory.

Next time I hard reset I will try to see which program I have installed is not allowing picturemail to work.

Originally posted by Xyzzy
    SpineDoc, The issue is not Voice Command specifically, but rather available virtual memory. Voice Command uses 2.25 MB of virtual memory. Anything else that uses a comperable amount of VM will probably have the exact same effect with regards to picturemail. I don't know how much VM picturemail uses, but I imagine it is a hefty amount.