+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video Out?

Video Out?

Is it possible to have video out, to display ppc on the tv? Beside going through the laptop to tv?

Yes, there are several devices for this, one of which is supposedly the Compactflash expansion sleeve for the XDA II... I believe there are SD options as well.
    Tom

i did search around and couldnt find anything. If you can think of something please advise. Looking for something on the low cost side so I can stream data over the net to the tv.

Alternativly, I can use the phone as a modem, and use the laptop as a tv out device. However, then I'm required to carry that too.

not really sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish, video streaming to TV from like orb or something? "Low cost" is extremely subjective, the dock with video out was like $150 or something as I recall, but only available from overseas...
    Tom

Yes.

I'm finding CF solutions but no SDIO solutions.

I would like to have a < 100 fix for displaying anything from the pda to a tv. be that orb, stored photos, ppt, etc...

An SDIO video out would probably be okay to show pictures, or a powerpoint presentation, but doesn't have the fps for any video.

Check this device... http://store.yahoo.com/margistore/pressdcarfor2.html

I don't know if there is any good solution for video out with full motion video in mind, and almost certainly nothing close to your price point...
    Tom

Bummer. Pretty hefty cost. Wonder if there could ever be usb support.

well even 12fps could be sufficient. were not going to watch titanic on HD. whats the sd slot rated at?

there won't ever be usb support as the device can't act as a usb host. I don't know if even 12fps is possible through the SD slot, the unit just wasn't designed for that type of use... Why don't you just get a small portable video player at that rate, you can even get small DVD players with built in LCD's and video out for like $60 or so these days...
    Tom

its not just for presentation. part of it was for orb. but i suppose maybe in a few years...

check this out mr. platt

sending video from my pocket pc to the inputs of my in-car dvd player system

I too share your struggles.
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

I never thought of a bluetooth method. 400kbps would be plenty. hell 200kbps would be sufficient. just would be nice to get some sort of bluetooth 2 video device for under 100 bucks. oh well. ill subscribe to the other thread and if anything comes up...