+ Reply to Thread
    My Wife thinks I am a total dork davidgelb's Avatar

Power on while charging

Hey all,
    I have a question and I don't know if this is normal or not...when I charge my PPC6600, either on the cradle or with the AC adapter, when I go to get it in the morning after charging overnight, the screen is on and the phone is just slightly warm, so I know the screen has been on for quite a while. I have the "turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity" option for "connected to AC" checked, so it should be turning itself off.

It isn't a huge deal, but I don't want to reduce the life of the backlight unnecessarilty by leaving the light on overnight.

Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

Thank you very much!

-David

Administrator
    chalk it up to the phone making a data call. the backlight shuld last longer that you will have the phone so dont worry about that...

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    This is covered in the FAQ.

Look under the why-my-phone-comes-on section.

While you're at it, you've started 3+ threads today. Don't you think the FAQ is a good place to start?

e

Yeah, you know what, Ehud...I've actually only started 2 threads today. Plus, I checked the FAQ, and it doesn't really apply to this specific issue (I actually don't have any programs running or any reminders popping up, and bluetooth is off). I was merely trying to find out if anyone else has had and solved this issue. So yes, I accept your apology and will go on my merry way.

Marctronixx, thanks for the help, and Ehud, thank you for your own special brand of help that everyone has come to know and love!

-David

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    1. Is your phone in the cradle? Is your cradle connected to a computer? Is activesync running?

2. Do you have Wireless Synch running?

3. Does your signal switch from one tower to another at that location?

4. Is your carrier doing upgrades such that the power may go away and return?

Ehud
    p.s. You're welcome.

Hey Ehud,

1. No, the phone is connected only to the OEM power supply/dongle, not the cradle.

2. No, I do not have Wireless Synch running?

3. It happens wherever I am, so I don't think it is switching towers, at least not all the time

4. No, no carrier upgrades as far as I can tell...

I guess the last 2 items are a little hard to be sure on, but even so, since I have the 6600 to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity when connected to external power, I would think that even if any of the above were taking place, that the 6600 would turn off eventually.

Interesting...maybe I just have a 6600 with an overactive mind!

Thanks for the assistance, Ehud...I really do appreciate it.

-David

LOL, I think no apologies are necessary this time.....Hes been shut down for business....