+ Reply to Thread
    My Wife thinks I am a total dork davidgelb's Avatar

broken up tone.....

Hey all,
    When my PPC6600 sounds an alert (like a reminder for a task), the tone it plays is all broken up, like a stutter during the tone. Is there a known reason for this and if so, is there a solution? Not a huge deal, but just sort of strange it can't play a simple, short tune straight through without playback stutter.

THanks!!!!

-David

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I've never seen it. Between this and the wakeup thread I'm wondering what special software you're running.

If it does these two things after a hard reset it is conceivable you have a bad unit.

Weatherpanel? RSS Reader? Any other "active" today-item?

E

Hey Ehud,
    The only software I am running is Sprite Backup. I have not installed anything else, I am using the OEM ROM (1.36), no VC, etc. I will try removing the Sprite Backup and see if that changes anything.

I'll post the results.

Thanks!

-David

Sprite Backup isn't the culprit - we all use it

I think your phone is borked...

E
    p.s. My apologies for the earlier response

Hey Ehud,
    One thought about this...I am running ROM 1.36 - do you think that could be part of the issue? I know you are running 2.03 and not having the problem.

Is there anyone running 1.36 that is experiencing the same issues of a broken sounding alert tone and the screen powering on randomly?

Thanks for the assistance in troubleshooting!!

-David

I ran 1.36 for a long time... as do man people here... with never such an issue ever coming up.

E

david,

I have the same issue to. Anything related to the audio, i hear broken sound. For example, if i use media player to listen to an MP3 song, the sound is broken.

To fixed this, go download a free software call GB-Soft Tweak. Once you have it install, just go to setting and system. Look for GB-SOFT tweak and run it. Once that software is run, select the audio tab and make sure that "Higher Prioirty for audio media streaming -> eliminitate clicks (till after soft reset) is checked. Once you get that check, soft reset and it should work like a charm.

i hope that help.

g35mt