+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Stylus Issues...

Is anyone else having a problem with the stylus sliding out too easily? If I turn my phone over and shake it slightly, the stylus rattles and almost comes out!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Striving for Understanding novuslotus's Avatar
    That's strange. I've gone through two styli (hehe, is that plural??) already and neither of them showed any sign of slipping or jiggling out of the stylus slot on my XV. Might want to try the other stylus (there should be a spare one that came with your device?) and see if it fits or not . . . if it does not, then there might be something wrong with the manufacture of your device, rather than the stylus itself.

Mine has gotten looser over time but it isn't coming out unless I touch it. Shaking it and the stylus coming out sounds like a problem to me.

It sucks I know. My friend got his XV replaced and everything on it was tight, the slider, the pen the keys. If only everything stayed factory fresh.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

This is my second XV6600. The first one didn't have a camera, (weren't available until the next week, so they sent me one with camera the following week), and it had the same problem... Everything was tight for the first few days, then started loosening up a bit. I have had this one since March, 29th. Phone works great. Slider is a little loose and the stylus is REAL loose...
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

My stylus just disappeared. I think it fell out of the phone. So I am on my spare one, and guess I will just have to order some replacements for when this one falls out.

I have only had the phone since May.
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

thats nothing mine broke in half! i know you can screw the top part off it and for what purpose i have no idea. this nust be some kind of weak spot in the styls because i do use it alot and today wipped it out, tapped the screen and crack. i was a bit confused.

If you need to order more stylii, get them from Verizon - $9.95 and no shipping. Much cheaper than anywhere else. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Originally posted by sheureka
    If you need to order more stylii, get them from Verizon - $9.95 and no shipping. Much cheaper than anywhere else. - sheureka
    Thanks....
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

This is funny.........I was at a Japanese Restaurant a few minutes ago and was served up some food and here I was all set to use the Chop Sticks. While deftly cutting a portion of blackened fish I broke the chop sticks and the waitress says>>>> we never had this problem before>>>>>vely funny.........vely funny.......we try new vendor for you>>>>>>>>and I read this stylus thread. So if you were to call VZW and say the stylus is loose or broke>>>>>>>this is what you will hear>>>>>>>Very funny, we never had that problem.........we order from new vendor for you.thank you vely much.......ahsoo.....ahsoo.....PLEASE THIS IS ALL IN GOOD FAITH AND A JOKE......... so how come the stylus on my set is still good? and I don't use them as chop sticks
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Oh! Maybe THAT's what I'm doing wrong... EATING with my stylus!

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    yeah mine falls out vely vely easy too bad HTC/audiovox decided i didnt need corners on my case. i've been tempted to crack mine open and see what holds the stylus in and see if it can be *adjusted* but don't wanna screw it up
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Originally posted by Disgruntledtech
    yeah mine falls out vely vely easy too bad HTC/audiovox decided i didnt need corners on my case. i've been tempted to crack mine open and see what holds the stylus in and see if it can be *adjusted* but don't wanna screw it up

I thought about doing THAT myself!

If you DO decide to do it, let me know what you find!

Originally posted by BetaMan

Have you tried wrapping just one turn of scotch tape on the stylus just so it gives a little more "meat"........please donot glue the darn thing...or use crazy glue as we have all gone thru that drama during the i700 days.......poking the IR lens to find that the Wi-Fi works>>>>>>>then pushing on the antenna to see if the BT comes on......man did we have fun spinning newbies around for a while...rofl.........oops did I say too much?
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

Originally posted by Disgruntledtech

One of my stylus broke in half as well. I guess I should stop using it to clear out ear wax. . . .

Seriously. . .the stylus plastic end is weak and does break easily. Thanks for the info on getting replacement stylus from VZW.

Originally posted by sheureka
    no need to be a verizon customer correct?

Originally posted by PDAshadow
    no need to be a verizon customer correct?
    I'm not - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Geek
    i got one of the pen stylus jobs from boxwave and have not had any problems with it being loose, etc. I freakin love having a pen in the phone though. It has bailed me out on everything from a contract at work to a pizza delivery slip.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

Originally posted by dankunz
    i got one of the pen stylus jobs from boxwave and have not had any problems with it being loose, etc. I freakin love having a pen in the phone though. It has bailed me out on everything from a contract at work to a pizza delivery slip.

Yeah, I bought 3 of them and have one in my phone now. It is heavier than the original and you can see where it rubs inside on the stylus.

Since it is heavier, it seems to fall out more (on mine, that is). Called Audiovox "tech" support about the issue. They were clueless as usual! Told me to send usit back for replacement! Not worth it to have to reinstall ROM 2.0300WWE and then all of my software again!

Guess I'll have to get used to the loose stylus for now...

I've never had that problem. I just tried to shake mine loose now and it didn't come out. I usually use a pen/stylus combo anyway. Either the Pentopia by Pilot or the PHD by Papermate. Wish I could find a nice Mont Blanc pen/pencil/stylus combo.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast