+ Reply to Thread

Charger's output

Can anyone tell me if a charger with outputof 5V1000mAh/ input 100-240v at 50-60Hz fits verizon xv6600? I check my audiovox original home charger, and it's output is +5V and ~300mA only.
    Is that true the mA value related to the charging speed or it will cause damage if it's too large? Thanks.

Re: Charger's output

Originally posted by markv
    Can anyone tell me if a charger with outputof 5V1000mAh/ input 100-240v at 50-60Hz fits verizon xv6600? I check my audiovox original home charger, and it's output is +5V and ~300mA only.
    Is that true the mA value related to the charging speed or it will cause damage if it's too large? Thanks.
    I don't know if I have a newer version of the xv6600 then you but the output of my home charger is 5v at 2A; the input is 300mA.

For the record, Boxwave's Versacharger (http://www.boxwave.com/products/versacharger/index.htm) has an output of just 500mA according to Boxwave. So I think your 1A charger would be fine.

Now, I don't know a whole lot about Lithium-Ion battery's so maybe some of you EE want to jump in and correct me but my assumption is the charge controller is in the phone. LIon batteries are a little more complicated since the charger terminates on current not voltage and there are issues with overcharging and fusing but fundamentally all battery charge on current. In general you shouldn't be charging a LIon battery at more the 0.7c (which is 70% of the rated capacity of the battery or charging the 1490mA battery at about 1Ah). I’m assuming the OEM charger is designed to deliver enough power to charge the battery while powering all the functions of the phone which is why it’s rated at 2A.

Cool Thanks!

Thanks! Happy July 4th!