Closed Thread

Question Go easy on me !!!!!!!!!!

OK, so I see something that did not make sense to me.I have the XV 6600 cradled WITHOUT the power cord to the wall and am using IBM Think Pad T42 with WIN XP PRO SP2 and I notice that this Laptop thru the USB port is charging my battery in the 6600. So is it true to "assume" that I can charge the battery right thru this cradle? or is that something you "gurus" had figured out way back when sliced bread was invented? or may be I was supposed to be doing a "search" like normal people before shooting off my mouth here?
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

i think you've discovered the XV6600's wonderful ability to charge via USB cable.

Originally posted by xxplosive
    i think you've discovered the XV6600's wonderful ability to charge via USB cable.
    aw, SHUCKS and here I was gonna apply for a patent and get rich over night.........BUT, BUT, BUT it is still in the cradle.......so magic happens then? thanks for the quick reply to an under-priviliged and starved-for-info-stupid-mod who >>>never mind.....all this will do is add fuel to the fire with mwfielder the resident head shrink here...........thanks for the fast reply too.......
    Funny it worked.....the last time! Now I am not sure what was working before they put a hole in my head !

I believe the phones are capable of being recharged via any usb sync cable but at a much slower rate than via the ac charger. The rate of charge via usb depends on the power available through the hub or port the cable is connected to. This can vary widely among devices. In some, the power level is almost too low to even maintain the current charge level.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Just like the i700, Equus

E

Originally posted by Ehud
    Just like the i700, Equus

E
    But my i700 does not charge when it is on the cradle when I donot have the power cable hooked up........it does it only when I have the Sync & charge cable plugged in to the device directly. So what I am saying is if I unplug the power cable from the cradle and ONLY have the XV6600 syncing thru the cradle it still charges the battery..........

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    My i700 using a Lil' Sync cable would charge from USB only. At least I hope I'm not misremembering.

I think when I traveled I'd take only the Lil ' Sync and the laptop and no charger.

In any case, what you're seeing is normal with the Harrier

Ehud

Originally posted by Ehud
    My i700 using a Lil' Sync cable would charge from USB only. At least I hope I'm not misremembering.

I think when I traveled I'd take only the Lil ' Sync and the laptop and no charger.

In any case, what you're seeing is normal with the Harrier

Ehud
    thanks Ehud, yes I can charge only using my cable while I am on the road with MacMadia cable. powered cradle is the only way my i700 charges. Unpowered cradle while hooked up to a desktop or laptop STILL charges my XV6600. i700 will not do that. anyhoo better to lock this up anyway as you have anserred my questions. Thanks to all for clarification.