+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fully Converged

Bluetooth and Voice Command/Standard Audio WORKING

A guy on <a href="http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=23739&start=50&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=25e8d8d09d608282557f1a90b67ce9c3">this thread</a> seems to have figured out a way to make standard audio play over bluetooth on a PDA2K. It also appears he is very close to finding a way to make the answer button on bluetooth headsets activate voice command. Keep an eye on this thread, there should be a tutorial for a hack posted in the near future
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

That looks like Voice Signal not voice command. It would be good to get going but it isnt the M$ VC we know and love/loathe

Fully Converged
    Read the entire thread. You'll find that once standard audio is enabled (which has apparently been accomplished) that mapping VC to the headset button is a rather elementary problem and one that will be solved in afs' tutorial
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Sorry about that, I am on the XV and didnt see the other two pages. Looks promising and I am hopeful. We will see...

Fully Converged

Bluetooth and Standard Audio SOLUTION IS UP

afs84 has posted the hack to allow standard audio over bluetooth. All the files needed are in the attached zip, except for BT_init_script212.bts. If anyone has this file, please post it, as I cannot try this hack until I get it. Also, I'm not sure if you need the 3900 stack or if the 3500 will suffice. I have the 3500 but am unable to test it as of yet

Sorry again guys for the late reply..but again i'm a bit busy these days..

Anyways here's a simple step-by-step prosedure of everything I did (I guess) The results may not be that excitiong, but at least it works for a while

Aiight here we go:

*Note: to get the files, read my and crazy's posts.
    **Note: Before trying anything, make a backup of ur current rom.

1) I copied VCMD_Script212.bts and Phone_Script212.bts to \Windows

2) Also Copied btwizardhfp.dll ,HfpControlPanel.dll ,Hfpui.exe to \Windows

3) Copied AudioGW.dll , BTAudioGW.dll to \Windows

4) Got BT_Init_Script212.bts off a firends device and copied it to \Windows (Grizzly, that's the file u need right??)

5) Imported the MS registry file. (Though it's meaningless,but what the hell??)

5)Imported the Windcomm registry file and done the following:

a) Resetted BT settings to defaults.
    b) Did the registry hack that enables regular audio stream.
    c) And lots of other settings but seem to do nothing.

As for starting the VoiceDial software by pressing the Headset's button, a friend of mine thinks its a .dll file and a script(or a reg hack) he's currently looking into that.

Anyways all the steps above where done either manually, or by adding them to the ExtROM.

@Everyone: i'm telling you again, the results may or maynot vary from rom to another (iMate , XDA , MDA , spv, .....etc). It works but it's really useless, as it's not reliable at this time.

I wanted to write a complete tutorial that explains each step and its results, bit thanks to JGUI, i dont have time to write the whole thing again.. anyway i think the steps are clear and understandable...plz guys try them and post your results...the more ppl that try, the better.

afs84
    Attached Files
    • File Type: zip bt.zip (167.2 KB, 192 views)
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Where do you get the BT 3900 Stack update?
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Fully Converged
    search or read the stickies
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Euphorically Confused
    helix, did you find the file you were looking for? I would be interested in doing this upgrade as well.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

Fully Converged
    no still looking for it. if anyone knows where to find BT_Init_Script212.bts please post.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Is that a Voice Signal file? Can we ask the i730 people for it?

What type of phone do we need to get it from?
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Fully Converged
    I don't believe it is or it would have been in the files on the X-D thread. They may have it for other reasons though, or perhaps the XDA2 guys have it. Ask around, its the last file we need.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Nope, but i have tried a newer Voice Signal on the XV6600 and it worked fairly well, although it was a british accent, and I had to fake one to make it work well.

I got rid of it, because of the obvious and legal implications. Too bad they don't market Voice Signal as a stand alone anymore because I think the newer versions are much better than previous and work nearly as well as Voice Command.

Fully Converged
    Alright, at long last here are all the necessary files. Test away at your own risk, and backup
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Fully Converged
    sorry forgot to add in the files

UPDATE: I just tested the procedure on the 3900B stack and I have on my phone and it seems to make the BT headset trigger whenever audio is played on the device, however audio still does not come through the headset. I am not sure, however, that the registry files took, as when I tapped on them in explorer, PHM opened but showed no sign that it had imported them. The import item on one of the menus was greyed out also.
    Attached Files
    • File Type: zip bt.zip (173.0 KB, 117 views)
    Last edited by helix139; 07-17-2005 at 08:06 PM.
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

Fully Converged
    I did...read my update above. If anyone else has had success with this, please share your procedure
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

vx 6600 blue tooth connectivity

I just got a vx 6600 and a motorola hs805 headset, that works fine. In order to get voice commands, I added microsoft voice command software which works great through the phone microphone, or a headset plugged into the mike jack. The bluetooth connection will not work at all with voice command. Voice commands will not work once the phone connects per the statement in the manual, but it never gets that far with the bluetooth connection.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

Since the microphone jack works, maybe I can get around it by plugging in a bluetooth adapter instead of using the built in bluetooth connectivity.

Fully Converged
    gdanis, read this entire thread and the linked XDA-developers thread. There are instructions and the necessary files to successfully enable standard audio over bluetooth. I haven't had success yet but maybe you will. Once you get standard audio enabled, a simple script or .DLL will let you load voice command by pressing the button on the headset. That script or DLL should be written fairly soon. Give the procedure in this thread a try first, after you backup your phone, and let us know your results
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

anyone have any success with this?
    take care
    sam

Fully Converged
    I've tried it with only partial success. I don't even know if anyone else has tried it, but if you're willing to, please post back with the results
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

helix -

Any progress on this in the past few months? xda-developers.com did not seem to come up with a solution, as neither did you.

Question: when you are paired and active (headset to XV6600) and hit the headset button, does your headset for a split second become active and then deactivate? (i.e. the icon swithes to the "active" icon on the phone like when you are in a call and you hear a short burst of sound on the earpiece). Mine does this - seems like all is needed is to find a way to make this activate a program or at least stay active for more than a split second.