+ Reply to Thread

extended battery with 6600 metal case?

I did a search for this specific issue, with no luck... I just got a ppc-6600 and I love it. I havent droped it yet but I know its gonna be a matter of time so im really liking those aluminum cases like this one...

ebay link here

I use this thing so much that the standard 1400mha battery just doesnt cut it... I can only use it about 8 hours till the thing dies on me. And I hate having it constantly on the charger. so I am looking to purchase the 3550mha extended battery... my question is...

will any of the metal cases accomidate an extended battery?
    Last edited by BerettaXtreme; 07-07-2005 at 08:47 AM.

Probably not
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Re: extended battery with 6600 metal case?

Originally posted by BerettaXtreme
    I did a search for this specific issue, with no luck... I just got a ppc-6600 and I love it. I havent droped it yet but I know its gonna be a matter of time so im really liking those aluminum cases like this one...

ebay link here

I use this thing so much that the standard 1400mha battery just doesnt cut it... I can only use it about 8 hours till the thing dies on me. And I hate having it constantly on the charger. so I am looking to purchase the 3550mha extended battery... my question is...

will any of the metal cases accomidate an extended battery?
    I really think that it would be tight to use the 3550mAh battery with that case. We have a Proporta Magnesium case on order so we can check the fit with our 2400mAh battery. But, since the 3550 is about 1/4" thicker, I wouldn't expect it to fit.

Mark
    Come and visit our web store at www.lionbattery.com

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    i have that proporta case with the 2400 batt and i also have e-grips on the device and it still fits. but that latch that hooks on front is a difficult fit because of the e-grips. in this case, that latch could be a couple mm longer and it would be perfect. so i took a pair of pliers and flattened out the latch a bit to elongate it and it fits fine. but i need to put e-grips on the case because the metal case is even more slippery than the device. the 3550 will never fit this case.

ok, a very good answer to your question madtechgeek is that the 3550 will not fit in the case. I have that same case and bought it from the same person as nice as the case seems the hump is the issue to trying to close it. I didnt try it with the factory battery but, looking at it closely with the 3550it seems like it could be a little snug using the smaller extended battery.im willing to cut into the back of the case but, I need to ne very accurate on how I plan this. I was thinking of cutting out the back then attaching a hump shaped cover into the opening. I know i wouldnt be able to really match the finish closely but, probably look decent enough. later tomorrow I might try to take a pic with the 3550 on the phone inside the case to give you guys some idea what the clearence is. I would put a step by step up for you guys when I get my plans finalized.