+ Reply to Thread

Took the plunge... Impressions

Well, yesterday I took the plunge and bought one of these XV6600's (w/ camera) from Verizon. They were offering it for $399 and I had a $100 credit for being on their service for 2 years so for $299, the phone was mine.

Once I got the phone back home I immediatley loaded up agile messenger, weather to go, skype, and my gmail information. I can say that I am very happy by the phone so far. Of course, like everyone else, my first gripe is the battery life - yesterday I could barley get a couple hours out of it but today will be the first time it has had a full charge and in the 4 hours it has been "awake", I am already down to 63% left. I imagine that larger battery will be in my future quite soon.

Next in my list of gripes is the volume of the ringer and speaker on a phone. I can barley hear people when they are talking on the phone and forget about actually answering the phone. I have already missed a couple calls like this. In addition, I have noticed that it takes a while after the person calls you for the phone to resume on then display the CID information. This has caused some interesting greetings to clients such as "Hi honey" since before the popup with CID information is displayed you can see your last call in the phone app... DOH! I have already downloaded the new ringtones from Hobbes (I think thats his name) and will be installing today. In addition, I am ordering a BT headset this week in hopes of seeing some more volume for the people I am talking to.

All in all, I want to thank all of you guys on the board for answering some of my silly questions before buying this product and bearing with me

Take care...

AdamR

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    I find the ringer volume kind of low, but the call volume has been pretty good. It is very sensitive to the position of your ear on the phone though. Agile Messenger is a battery hog, so if you use it you will have to be able to recharge during the day or have a supply of spare batteries. If I don't run that, I have no problem making it through a day... and even go 2 days sometimes between charges. I mostly use the phone, and sometimes use the PDA functions.
    Mike - Been Converged?

I have shut down agile and want to see how it affects battery life. I will have a full charge tonight and keep it off tomorrow. How about email checking? Is this too much of a drain as wel?

AdamR
    Bluetooth Headset Tourist :borgsmile
    HS850 (gone) H700 (gone) PL320 (crossing fingers)

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I got a nice Airwolf mp3 file. I ran it through sox to adjust its volume up (sox -v 3 infilemp3 outfile.mp3). It is a LOUD ringer.

Hobbes posted some loud ringers too. Look for a thread with "loud" in the subject

Ehud

Hey Ehud!

Can I get a copy of the Airwolf ringer from you???
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    You bet... I put a copy at:

http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/cabs