+ Reply to Thread

sprint ppc 6600 as wireless usb modem

I am a new member here and I would like to thank everyone who make this possible. From the Admin. to all the members who share their information. I have 2 issues that I need help with. I have a Sprint ppc 6600 and I am having problem with the speaker volume. Is there a fix? 2nd, I am trying to use my Sprint ppc 6600 to serve as a usb modem. However, all the links about the Verizon. Can someone please PM me with any software, directiona nd username and password if neede. PLEASE

Thank You
    Last edited by spadescrazy; 07-08-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Re: New Member/ PPC 6600

Originally posted by spadescrazy
    I am a new member here and I would like to thank everyone who make this possible. From the Admin. to all the members who share their information. I have 2 issues that I need help with. I have a Sprint ppc 6600 and I am having problem with the speaker volume. Is there a fix? 2nd, I am trying to use my Sprint ppc 6600 to serve as a usb modem. However, all the links about the Verizon. Can someone please PM me with any software, directiona nd username and password if neede. PLEASE
    The instructions for using your 6600 as a USB modem are included on the CD that came with your phone. Sprint has provided the modem drivers, and some really simple instructions. You can pm me if you have any more questions. Have fun! - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

ppc 6600

I will try that. Thank You

Sprint ppc 6600 as a usb modem

The Cd does not contain the info. If someone has any info. please hlep. This is for Sprint not Verizon.

Re: Sprint ppc 6600 as a usb modem

Originally posted by spadescrazy
    The Cd does not contain the info. If someone has any info. please hlep. This is for Sprint not Verizon.
    That's very odd that it would be on my CD and not on yours. It's in a folder called "OEM" and then "Apps" on mine. The specific folder is called "PPC6600 & PPC6601 USB WModem." I could probably send it to you as it's only about 260KB. Let me know. - sheureka

http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/

its there as well.

ppc 6600

The only username and password listed there, is for Verizon. Is there a username and password for Sprint?

call sprint and ask

Look, I offered (by pm) to send you the files from the Sprint CD, and you haven't responded with an email address. And I am very, very, sure that the files are on your CD. I can't imagine that Sprint put out all those CD's and made yours different. Did you even look?

Put it in your CD drive, go to "my computer", find the drive, right click on it, click on "explore", navigate to "oem", then "apps", and then "PPC6600 & PPC6601 USB WModem". Copy that folder to your computer (desktop or laptop). Open it up. Open the word file. It will tell you exactly what to do next. It is different than the Verizon setup because WModem is already installed on your phone.

And now, I'm done with this whole discussion. - sheureka

i was just providing a link to it, some day he may be without the cd and need the files. who knows.

Originally posted by robplatt
    i was just providing a link to it, some day he may be without the cd and need the files. who knows.
    I sent him the files from the Sprint CD. I am such a softie! - sheureka

I wrote out the instructions to use the Audiovox 6600 on Telus and Sprint networks in some detail here:

http://www.nonijuiceint.com/BlogHowTo/HowTo_Audiovox6600_networkconnect.aspx

I have had lots of positive feed back from Sprint users in the last month. i even got a call froma Sprint employee. You would think that they would have this information in-house.

I assume it would work for Verizon but have not had feed back yet.
    Mr. Snowman
    <a href="http://www.nonijuiceint.com/today">www.nonijuiceint.com/today</a>

Sprint doesn't need a username password (and, in fact, appears to throw it out). Otherwise, the directions are the same for Verizon
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

Yes I realize that it should work. It is just that I have not gotten any personal feed back about verizon's units.

I sure would like somebody to explain to me why Telco's do not think this feature important enough to train their staff/sales force to explain it.
    Mr. Snowman

PPC 6600

Thanks all. We will see how it goes. I might be back in a few days with more stupid questions. LOL

Originally posted by mrsnowyman
    Yes I realize that it should work. It is just that I have not gotten any personal feed back about verizon's units.

I sure would like somebody to explain to me why Telco's do not think this feature important enough to train their staff/sales force to explain it.
    Don't know about any company but Sprint, but for them it is a violation of the terms and conditions to tether with a phone. They're really ambivalent about the whole thing - telling you not to do it, and then providing you with the software to set it up. Weird. - sheureka

tethering

I was told that also by a Telus sales person in May. Strange. What exactly do they think people want to do with their phones.

I wonder if some bright and bushy tailed sales rep is going to call me up and tell my contract has been terminated because I use the phone as a modem.

I for one am tired of being marketed as a teenager wanting a blue or pink cool phone. What I want is a business tool. A company that is willing to support it as such.
    Mr. Snowman

ppc 6600 usb modem conn. problem

Hello all,

I finally got my sprint ppc 6600 set up as a usb modem on my laptop. I do get a connection, however, when I try to conn. to the internet, it says the page can not be displayd. can someone help Pleaese.

got connected

heee haaaa. got connected.

congratulations

congratulations. you just joined a very elite group.
    Mr. Snowman