+ Reply to Thread
    boe

Complete restore without any reinstalls?

My phone battery died the other day and I lost just about all the customizations I did - phone ringer, icon layout, additional software, contacts, mail accounts etc. Is there any backup program that keeps all of this so that I don't have to reinstall any software or set up any account info?

Is there something I can just copy from my device so that I can copy it back?

Thanks
    Want better phone selection from Sprint? http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...ease-read.html

I use Sprite Backup and set it up to backup my device every day at 5:oo a.m. on a scheduled backup automatically. It has saved my butt several times because I beta test software for several places.

It is the best I've seen!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar
    I use Sprite also, but as I just have a couple of weeks of PPC6601 use, I haven't tried a hard reset to see how well it restores. I still have the same question as boe:

Since I've tweaked some settings, default file locations (more stuff on my SD card), installed programs, all that, how much will Sprite put back, and how much not, plus what can be done on PPC to make it as hard-reset-proof as possible? I've seen Ehud and others are loading some cab files up to ROM, but I haven't seen (looked some, yes I did) how to do that part.

thanks
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD

KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar

anyone with reload experience?

Since I've tweaked some PPC settings, default file locations (more stuff on my SD card), installed programs, all that, how much will Sprite put back, and how much not, plus what can be done on PPC to make it as hard-reset-proof as possible? I've seen Ehud and others are loading some cab files up to ROM, but I haven't seen (looked some, yes I did) how to do that part. How do you do the ROM cab file stuff, and what settings can you make survive a hard reset?

thanks
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD

Also consider Sunnysoft Backup Manager... a bit cheaper on PocketGear. Does the same thing. Many options but poor documentation. Saves my butt evertime battery falls out or I try in use Pocket Alarm.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz