+ Reply to Thread

Invalid Destination Address when sending MMS

I have the Verizon XV6600 with camera. I have tried several times to send MMS messages (picture messages) but always get an "Invalid Destination Address" error. My buddy has the exact same phone, exact same plan (unlimited data, text/pix, etc.) and can send to me just fine. Am I missing a setting or something?

I have gotten that before. A soft reset fixed it for me.
    When I upgraded my ROM to 2.0300WWE haven't noticed it since.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

MMS problem

I just started experiencing the same thing. If I sent it to a Verizon 10 digit number I get the invalid destination message. If a verizon user sends me a picture message, I get the email saying I have to visit vzwpix.com. This only just happened recently, and abouut 2 weeks ago I did the ROM upgrade from Audiovox. Any suggestions? I did also a soft reset.

Re: MMS problem

Originally posted by jafo67
    I just started experiencing the same thing. If I sent it to a Verizon 10 digit number I get the invalid destination message. If a verizon user sends me a picture message, I get the email saying I have to visit vzwpix.com. This only just happened recently, and abouut 2 weeks ago I did the ROM upgrade from Audiovox. Any suggestions? I did also a soft reset.
    Sorry, I should have followed up because I have corrected my issue. I called Verizon and the last time I did changes to my plan they marked me as not having a camera phone. Therefore, my ability to send pix messages was nixed. In less than a minute they added the ability and things work OKAY now. About 40% of the time I can send (and recieve) pix from my buddy who also has the 6600... The other 60% of the time, the picture will send (or he will send one) and appear as if going through... but then we never get each other pictures. I don't know if this is a Verizon issue or a 6600 issue, but I'm not overly worried about. It's just a nice feature, you know?

fix for invalid destination address, and other issues...

i hacked my moto razr!

i got a new moto razr v3m recently, and i've had alot of problems w/ it. i figured i'd post about my experiences with it's bugs and fixes, in hopes that someone will benefit from it.

im not going to name my provider by name, for reasons that may be obvious to some, not so obvious to others...

my service is prepaid, and they gave me a contract phone and not a prepaid phone (apparently, phones for this provider are different, depending on plan) so that caused alot of problems. at first, when i'd try and download ringback tones (google it...i'm not here to expl. what they are) from the provider's website, it'd say purchase failed. i went to the store, and they had to remove/readd that service to my plan. fixed. when i first got the phone the games wouldnt play - it said i was not authorized to play them, and to insert card used to buy the games. they came w/ the phone!! them fixing the ringback tones fixed the games, too. too bad they're demos and expire. lucky me, i figured out if you reset and/or clear the phone, games are good again, till they expire again.

i tried to buy regular ringtones from their website, and it said that my model wasnt able to download ringtones from the site. from the phone it'd say catalog unavailable. this is expressly b/c they gave me a v3m instead of a v3mpp model phone for prepaid users. there is no fix for this - if you have the wrong phone, you absolutely cannot buy rings tones in any way, shape, or form. this was confirmed for me by tech support. having the wrong phone will cause alot of the multimedia stuff not to work, apparently. texting works.

another problem i've had is when i'd try to send a pic or video to someone (cell, email, the provider's online site where they store pictures and videos, etc.) it'd say it's sending and connecting and stuff, then say invalid destination address. if someone sends an email to my phone i can send a text reply fine, but if i try to send a reply w/ a picture or video it'd say something like national coverage not available. i called support, and that's when i found out about the phone model issue. he said the phone issue caused the service not to add to my account - the ability to send multimedia messages, basically. he fixed that, and now i can send out my multimedia stuff fine.

a friend has a razr and she turned me onto moto mobile phone tools 4, and i downloaded it and installed it, and installed the drivers for my phone (installs as a v3c, apparently that's very close to and/or same as v3m), but when i selected RAZR v3 from the list of phones for my phone tools profile, the interface on the computer was different from my phone, and would never connect. if i chose a v3x, it was close, but not right. if i chose a v3cm, it would connect, but i had limited access. i could sync contacts and stuff, but couldnt transfer multimedia. after several hours of googling, i found a fix...ready for the grand finale? thought so...

if you are using moto mobile phone tools 4 and a v3m phone, and you are trying to transfer pictures, video, or sound to it, and get an error that you're unable to communicate w/ the phone, it's because the OEM (motorola) has blocked USB transfers. you have to do a "seem edit" to get this to work. i found this obscure bit of info hidden deep on a website. i download a "hack the razr" utility, removed all drivers for my phone (instals as a moto usb modem), ran the util - it removes old drivers. i downloaded and unpacked a set of drivers for the hack the razr site, and when i reconnected my phone it detected some extra devices it didnt detect the 1st go-round (or 4th, or 10th....) and then i had to open this other tool called P2KSeem4v710 and do a seem edit...here are the details. if you are gonna do this, then this is all the info you need - the hack the razr site has a video that'll show you an example of how to implement the seem edit that allows usb transfers. the seem edit listed for enabling MMS in phone tools is not needed. only the usb transfers one...

2742 Bytes: 0000 Offset 6a check bit 0 // check bit 1

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! this info is presented an on FYI basis only. i am not responsible if you fry your phone. i highly recommend you only do this if you feel comfy making what amounts to a hex edit on your phone's internal coding. tread with care. read the hell out of the hack the razr site before you attempt any changes on your own. i have provided this info because i think it's wrong of the OEM to block usb transfers for god knows what reason and it's wrong of them to rob me of the joy of ringtones because they gave me the wrong phone, preventing me from buying tones.

screw them, i'll make my own.