+ Reply to Thread
    Could I BE any more converged tonydiv's Avatar

Best Upgrade Deal from sprint?

What is the best price that anyone has gotten from Sprint on an upgrade (no new line of service)?

It's time to move up from my G1000 and I'm not sure where the best deal is (sprint vs ebay)

No insurance? I moved up because of a sticky key...
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Unfortunately NO. When I upgraded from the Kyo "brick" I got screwed because customer service never put it on my account. (had insurance on the 6035) They never mentioned anything at activation. When I realized I didn't have coverage a few months later and tried to add it they wouldn't do it.

So what's the cheapest way to get me a 6600?

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    http://www.sprintrebates.com

put in your current MDN and the zip code on your bill

most likely you qualify for the 150 mail in rebate.

plus the pcs store can buy back your phone for 25-50$ (i got 25$ for my beat up scp5300)
    but your 6035 might bring more on ebay
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

But the question is this: on the web site there's a $150 instant rebate, I also qualify for the $150 equipment upgrade rebate. Does this add up to a $300 discount or does one rebate just take the place of the other?

Also do the reps at the Sprint store have the authority to further discount the phone?

At the other end of the spectrum... is there any way to possibly get insurance on my current G1000? What loopholes are there in the system? For example, would activating a cheapo phone on my contract then reactivating the G with insurance a couple of months later work?

Any ideas?

Last edited by tonydiv; 07-11-2005 at 01:30 AM.

does one rebate just take the place of the other?
    yes. 150 instant rebate is for new lines only.

do the reps at the Sprint store have the authority to further discount the phone?
    store reps cant discount the phones. most can barely operate the phone sprint gives them. managers can discount but cant really haggle on the price -they only discount in the event of a device failure or a MAJOR sprint screw up. I knew a guy that walked into sprint with a broken N400, wined and moaned for 2 hours and came out with a new A500,the attachable camera, car charger and leather case. all paid for out of pocket but credited to his bill. (but he was so annoying its a miracle the guard didnt shoot him)
    this was back when the A500/N400 were brand new and the I330 was 2-3 days old -thats what he was trying to get. i traded my 2 year old N400 in for a new 5300 after taking the N400 in for 'repairs' every 2-3 days for a week and a half. so i know sprint store managers used to be able to do help out if they got too annoyed with you but i don't know if they can still do anything. a lot of sprints policies have changed.

is there any way to possibly get insurance on my current G1000?
    no. to insure the G1000 i'd have to be a new handset.

would activating a cheapo phone on my contract then reactivating the G with insurance a couple of months later work?
    nope. if you activate an old phone, you will invalidate your equipment upgrade rebate. then you'll have to keep it for 18 months to qualify for the 150 mail in rebate again.

So basically what I'm hearing is that the best deal that I'm going to get as a loyal Sprint customer for YEARS now, is the same deal that some guy off the street gets when he walks in the store.

Nice.... lousey coverage, lousey plans, a new 2 year agreement every time I make the slightest change, I'm not sure why I stay with them.

As a new Verizon customer what could I get the phone for?

sprint didnt even have the 150 mail in a year ago.

dunno about VZ deals. their coverage is MUCH worse than sprints -they dont even offer coverage here.

my guess is their deals are gonna be about the same though. if they have better coverage go with them.

wow, over 270 views and NO ONE has managed to pay under the listed website price for a 6600?

Beginning to lose hope

Smile SPRINT SWAPPED MY TREO 650 FOR PPC6600 NOT COST TO ME!!

Originally posted by tonydiv
    wow, over 270 views and NO ONE has managed to pay under the listed website price for a 6600?

Beginning to lose hope
    HI MY NAME IS SEANC i had been thru about 5 treo 650 since january and i complained to a rep on the phone and she swapped me out a brand new ppc 6600 for my treo no cost to me came with stand up charger. a case, 2 stylus, cd for activesinc........................i have been with sprint since 1999 also i am on the prefered customers list
    phone never been shut off.......................................

Re: SPRINT SWAPPED MY TREO 650 FOR PPC6600 NOT COST TO ME!!

Originally posted by SEANC005
    i am on the prefered customers list
    phone never been shut off.......................................
    I don't quite see what's so special about regularly paying your phone bill! - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

OK

just sayn i got a good deal. lata.......by the way nice name!!!