+ Reply to Thread

Remote Desktop on PPC using Terminal Services Client

Hello I would like to access my server from my PPC 6000. According to the following Microsoft Article they say I can do this jsut fine

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bridgman_02june10.mspx

Now I currently use Remote Desktop on my home PC to access my server and it works fine. It is using the standard port 3389 and everything works. But when I try to connect to my IP using the way they state in the article (i.e. Terminal Services Client under Programs) it will not connect? I know I dont have the port blocked by the firewall because it works on my home pc. Could anyone help me to get this to work please? I have Vision with sprint and that is setup and working fine.

The error message I get is "The Terminal server ended the connection or a network error occurred. Please try to reconnect.

Thanks for the help guys.

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    goto start/run and type cmd and hit ok
    type "netstat /an"

look in the output for
    Code:
    TCP    0.0.0.0:3389           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
    if you have that line remote desktop/terminal services is running. if not reconfigure it.

check that you have the user properly setup
    right click my computer, click properties, click remote tab, click select remote users

if you use a router, make sure port 3389 is forwarded to the pc you are remoting to (after re-reading your post, this is probably your problem)

try to connect using pocket IE then switch to the terminal services client. sometimes the TS client wont initiate/resume even an already open connection.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

ok I did the Netstat test adn yes it says exactly what you posted. I actually used remote desktop from my xp machine at home to access the win2k3 server.

And I dont even get to the user screen on my PPC. However on my server the user I plan to login with is listed as having access.

As far as going to IE to connect to the internet first then to TS I did that and still no go

As far as this post you made "if you use a router, make sure port 3389 is forwarded to the pc you are remoting to (after re-reading your post, this is probably your problem)"

I dont understand exactly what you are talking about here. My server is Dedicated server in washington and I have no idea of there setup there. But wouldnt it be forwarded to the pc that i am remoting to if Remote Desktop already works from my XP machine to the Server?
    Last edited by gripmotorsports; 07-10-2005 at 05:24 PM.

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    ok then its unlikely that its a router issue -i was operating under the assumption that your server was on the same LAN as your XP machine.

i use my sprint ppc6600 to terminal to my home desktop so i can confirm its not a sprint limitation. other than that i dont know what it could be.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

I also have Sprint and I'm able to access our Win2k3 Server back at office with my PPC-6600 with no problem.